Display bug

So it looks like a recent update to the forum software introduced a bug:

This is in Chrome on a Windows 10 desktop PC.

9 Likes

Mine looks normal with both chrome and firefox on linux and windows 10.

chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 on windows.
firefox 72.0.1 (64-bit) on windows

Both dark and light modes

1 Like

Yeah I noticed this a couple of days ago. Using Firefox (latest updates) on Windows 10.

2 Likes

I’m on Chrome Version 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit).

2 Likes

Are you guys using some sort of dpi scaling? I know that can play havoc with the toolbars in some executables depending on how they are coded

3 Likes

No dpi scaling on my system.

3 Likes

Me neither. I haven’t changed any settings that I’m aware of.

1 Like

Same bug here with Firefox 68.3.0esr on Linux (CentOS). As far as I know, no DPI scaling.

1 Like

@codinghorror

2 Likes

Something for you @johani

I’m having this exact same issue on the latest version of Firefox.

1 Like

I am also seeing this. Latest build of Chrome on Windows 10.

1 Like

happening to me too. it’s not exactly causing issues, but it’s kinda bugging me.

1 Like

I guess I don’t see it because I don’t use the browser at full screen. If I go full screen the avatar in the top bar is shifted about 1 in. from the RHS.

It probably also is less noticeable to me at full screen because I use an older 4:3 aspect ratio monitor.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure that’s why you aren’t noticing it as much, if at all.

On a modern-day monitor with the browser at full width, it is very noticeable. Given all the stuff that most websites fill their pages with these days, anything less than full-width gets to be extremely crowded. That’s why I tend to run my browser maximized.

I mean, this has got to be just a simple mistake/oversight/bug, and one that is easily fixed.

1 Like

It’s like how you don’t notice the pause in the middle of the song while the player skips to the next track on your 8 track player…
:rofl:

2 Likes

(Going OT here) The monitor is a 19" NEC LCD that replaced my Sony 21" CRT a few years back. And the 8 track was replaced by a Sony tape deck that was replaced by a Philips CD player/recorder. CDs are still used but a lot of the music I listen to now is streamed from youtube and Sirius over my Samsung smart TV piped thru my NAD stereo (don’t need no steenkin sound bar…). So I’m getting there bit by bit :upside_down_face:

1 Like