Disappointment

Me too. Butterfly’s and Imperials help your yoyo control by miles.

Galactic Goose

Those rims made the yo-yo too unpredictable.

I love mine.

I feel the same about those rims. Sometimes the string would land on there and the yoyo would still spin on it till it tilted off and ruined my throw. It was a pretty collection piece, but it was better to look at than actually play.

I hated the Majesty, Confection, Dietz, Code 1, Genesis, Supernova and Rex until I got to know em a little (And loved them). It take’s longer than an hour to see whether the yoyo is the one for you or not.

I enjoy playing mine a lot, but not when I’m really focused on learning a trick. The string catches in that rim thing a pretty good amount! I don’t want it to happen in the middle of a trick that I’m trying to master. :wink:

But when I got mine, it was the opposite of disappointment, because it was a gift from a thoughtful person. I was over the moon! And now it’s one of my favourite pieces. But it sure does get that string caught!

A motto that I made up a couple months ago and live by is, “always expect less because you’ll always get more.” This actually helped me with some of my latest throws I’ve gotten, I always expect them to play worse than they actually do so when I use them they play “better” so to speak.

That would put me down while waiting for them :frowning:

True, or you could just not get over excited over things. ;D

An 888x and popstar hated that yoyo in all the ways possible.

The popstar was pretty hard to use.

Ahhh I hope Jason doesn’t see this lol.

Honestly I didn’t like the peak too much. Not only was the price high when I got it, but I thought it would play exceptionally well. Tbh it’s only quite decent and I don’t honestly understand the hype and high tag on it.
Now it just sits pretty in a case :3

Haha, Popstar is definitely a tricky little guy (pun intended). Ended up picking up a C3 Token and cannot even remotely say that I regret getting it instead of the Popstar!

The Hex a great throw but it doesn’t mesh with me but objectively it is a great throw. It just doesn’t see much use from me. I am planing on keeping it because whenever I throw it I enjoy it but I don’t gravitate towards it compared to the other yoyo’s in my collection mostly my catalyst gnarwhal phenomizm and new superstar. I don’t know why but I am not drawn to the hex, not quite disappointment because I enjoy it more kind of a meh feeling.

Code 1 felt incredibly “Meh.”

Funny! The first time I tried a Code 1 I was like, “OH man! I had no idea this thing was so cool!”

:wink:

It was the 54 for me, i just always felt like playing with protostar or genesis more than it

I was disappointed with my OneStar at first…it just felt kinda cheap. Like it wasn’t spinning very hard or something. Then I kind of started to really like it, especially on-the-go. Now, I am sort of in the middle. I am in a “meh” spot with it. Well, maybe not that bad, but I just don’t like it quite as much as I did before.

I have so many yoyos like this. I think it’s what happens when you go from throwing something great and in your comfort zone to something way different and you’re just like “nope. change is bad, I’ll go right back to my security blanket thanks”.

I’m expected to be disappointed by the Chief once I finally get one. My appreciation for full sized throws has grown tremendously the past year or so which will help but it has been built up so big in my mind that I don’t think it can possibly deliver. I’m not expecting it to be bad, in fact I’m expecting to enjoy it quite a bit, but I think there is almost no chance it is going to change my personal yoyoing world despite how highly people speak of it.