Buyers Remorse

I honestly did not expect this. It’s been a couple weeks since I got my first One Drop, a H-shape Benchmark. I enjoy my Magicyo April more.

Has anyone else felt this way?

10 Likes

Why do you think the BST is such a big thing?

Unfortunately very few people have a means to try before buying.

8 Likes

That’s one thing I’ve always been really grateful for. When I jump into hobbies I tend to go overboard…yet I VERY rarely experience any sort of buyers remorse.

Also, I’ve been enjoyig collecting yos in just 1 color which is making things easier for me…because even if I’m not super impressed with how it plays, at least it adds to my over all collection so it’s less of a big deal in that aspect.

8 Likes

Yeah I remember regretting buying a peak 2. Fortunately I managed to get a great trade for it!

5 Likes

Oh yeah for sure. Sometimes things don’t work out. For instance, I was impressed with my first one drop. Not my second. Then my third became my favorite yo-yo of all time so far

5 Likes

Make sure you try different side effects and bearings before you give up on it!

13 Likes

Solid advice right here.

4 Likes

Not usually but I have for a couple of throws. But hey, that’s what the BST is for!

^ this. It’s amazing the difference a non-flat bearing can make.

5 Likes

Agreed!
I went from being disappointed with my Legendary Terrarian, to it being one of my faves with a switch to a concave!!

5 Likes

If this is your first One Drop and you need some side effects to try out, just shoot me a pm and I’ll send you some!

15 Likes

This community is so awesome! :heart: :heart: :heart:

9 Likes

I have experienced buyers remorse approximately 1000 times.

Amazingly; most certainly by total coincidence; I have approximately 1000 yoyos.

:wink:

17 Likes

I’ve experienced BR on several yoyos, but it never seems to last. Once I get used to each ones unique feel, I start to appreciate their strengths and weaknesses.

6 Likes

The so-called H benchmark is easily the worst one…

5 Likes

I’ve only experienced The Remorse with super expensive (usually Ti) throws. I ended up selling all of them. Only the Ti-Vayder has held my attention; it’s become my new EDC.

7 Likes

I’ve had a little buyers remorse lately on my purchase of an Alleycat 650b.

I am severely deisapponted with it and had really thought my first metal responsive was going to blow my mind. I mean everyone who owns metal responsives seems to really love it.

I can’t throw the thing for longer than 20 seconds at a time before yearning for a decent wooden fixie.

7 Likes

You’d probably like the Weekender better. Lighter weight and the weight is more spread out, so you get less of a thud feeling at the end of the string. And the response level feels really close to a fixed axle.

13 Likes

I have to say, my original Alleycat also gave me buyer’s remorse. I worked that yoyo to improve the response - friction sticker, greased bearing… The process gave me great appreciation for why Core Co. decided to revamp the design with the 650b.

The only other yoyo I’ve had buyer’s remorse with was the Spin Dynamics Monkey Fist (B-grade for ano) that I purchased at a Throwdown several years ago. The remorse lasted just a little bit, until I realized how much fun a ~50mm diameter/~40mm wide yoyo really is.

4 Likes

Seller’s remorse more often.
But not really, I have enough yo-yo’s on hand to cycle through.

7 Likes

This has happened to me a few times. Especially when im on the fence about buying something. Ill say to myself well if I dont like it ill just sell it on the bst and get most of money back. 3 weeks later I sell it for half the price I bought it. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes