Disappointment

^ Great post there. Good points.

For me, I’m an educated buyer, and do not get many shocks. I felt that way about the Cascade, as stated by others, I did not enjoy it initially. After throwing it awhile, it grew on me, and I can appreciate it much better now.

I have never made that decision in one hour though. Yet, like with people, it can be difficult to overcome a first impression. The Cascade at least did that. Still not my favorite throw, but I appreciate it for what it is.

Big old sigh.

I remember the first time I threw the Classic.

Rigged it up awesome with a nice bearing and nice pads, but hated it, traded it away hours after using it.

Now I have another one and love it.

But actually, the yoyo I hate the most was the Pocket Pros Zombie. It was my only ball bearing yoyo I had when I got into yoyoing, and I was stuck with it. It was slim, light, terrible spin times.

Hated it, but I had no other options for a yoyo.

At first the only yo-yo I potentially disliked was the YYJ Fever…but it was only because I was using terrible string. After days of trying to get use to the string I couldn’t and switched it to a different brand, and then finally I was able to enjoy the YYJ Fever for what it was. However as far as a yo-yo ever disappointing me… it has yet to happen, I enjoy all my throws. :smiley:

But that string… serious disappointment. >:(

CAscade. Hated it, but loved it in a few hours

Surge. I wasn’t impressed at first but it grew on me… a lot.

Same here. Just needed a little set up.

When I first got a Code 2 it took me quite a long time to like it. I honestly could not love it, but I played it more and more and it grew on me. I’ve gone through 2 other Code 2s since then, and it is probably my favorite onedrop

Atmosphere. Hated but then I got used to it:

That sounds like with every Yoyo I have gotten but I wys end up liking them in the end.

The Cascade never worked for me. The Summit wasn’t my fit either, really.

Yeah cascade never fit for me. It played nicely just didnt fit me. The code 2 didnt blow me away either

the H.O.T, i had expectations. i tried it (didnt buy) and it didnt fit me. i didnt like the bearing, the shape was nice, idk, i just didnt really like it.

People need to stop complaining about a bearing. You can take it out and replace it. It should not be what you judge a yoyo by.

To me the bearing didn’t fit the throw. I just didn’t like it all around…
And I dont have anymore bearings XD

Happened to me once omg it’s the worst.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I’ve yet to have a bearing make that big of a difference in any of my throws. If the bearing is big enough to make a difference I’d say your throw needs some work

I find this post ridiculous.
I dont like some bearings, and I like some others. Thats like saying shape and weight dont affect anything. Without a shape, there would be no yoyo, with no bearing, there would be no spin.
I dont like center trace, yet I like other grooved bearings.

Sorry to say yoyo143, I’m gonna hand this to him. It’s kind of strange the way you worded that, saying you didn’t like it, and then your only critique is the bearing, and you liked other things. Then you get mad when people say don’t judge a yoyo by a bearing, and you say they are ridiculous when their assumptions are rather reasonable. I suggest you word your post a bit better, that one was misleading.

1 Like

I agree. Really, bearings will never make a yoyo “bad”. What really makes yoyos bad is your throw.

Duncan drifter. That yoyo sucks. I would play with an imperial forever before I would use that throw. Didn’t like it at first didn’t like it 30 hours of play down the road.
I don’t know if I would say I was disappointed though, because I don’t bring expectation into new throws. I just get them and use them and see if I like them or not.