Dings

not hard is still bad. Just saying in no offense to you or what you guys do.

most companies use 6061 alloys dude. its great durability, ease of anodizing, and quality make spending more on metal a preference thing. nothing that comes from any within reason accident will damage 6061. 95% of the time it will damage 7000 grade aluminum if it damages anodized 6000 grade

stop talking like you know it all. im seeing myself having to but in a correct you more and more of late.

Intentionally dinging a yoyo violates the Prime Directive.

Prime Directive: Don’t be stupid. :wink:

I didn’t say it wouldn’t damage all the time.

I didn’t mean to sound like I know it all, but I’ve done some research, and 7000 grade is less likely (not by alot) to bend or warp as bad. That’s all.

I’m aware most use 6061. It’s almost standard as far as I’m concerned. It’s what all of my throws are being made out of.

I didn’t mean to sound like a know-it-all. I just don’t think hitting metal against a solid surface is ever a good thing. That’s just me.

My last post goes with saying that hitting it against a wall can do more than you want IMO. It’s happened to me.

It’s for a reason! :open_mouth:

Why is it that in every thread about dings, some giant argument breaks loose and eventually gets the thread a lock? If you play, it’ll ding, but the chances to develop vibe is rather low (or gain smoothness for that matter.) If you don’t play, the yoyo is just something to collect (I’ll leave you to decide if that’s good or bad.) If you want to play but not ding your yoyos, either:

1: Use 12-inch string
2: Play over soft surfaces all your life
or
3: Give up

Forget the pristine yoyo’s. What about dings to myself? I’m afraid I will chip a tooth one of these days…

I find the first to work very well.

Every time I use a 12inch string, the yoyo hits me in the nuts. The yoyo is fine though.

A wise move with only a small downside that will only affect you in 10 years :wink:

Ahhhhh; But I am 47 - and have 2 kids already. So the pain is my only barrier :slight_smile:
I will have to keep my kids away from that 12 inch string, however.