Dings

I was just wondering if it is possible to keep all of your yoyos in mint condion? Out of all your yoyos, how many of them are still in mint condition(undinged)?

It certainly is possible however none of my throws are in mint condition.
I throw, they get dinged, I ask if they’re ok, throw a bandaid on the booboo and carry on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I know it is possible, but few people manage it, either because they did not bother to, or because of accidents. I was trying to see who was able to keep it in mint condition for the longest period of time, say, 2 years?

about as possible as it is to keep YOURSELF in mint condition. if you’re going to share yourself with the world, experience its power, and have any kind of fun… you’re gonna get some dings. rejoice in them, because they represent the best part of you.

5 Likes

The only reasonable way to keep them mint is to not throw them.

duck tape on the rims ??? that might vibe a little

My YYJ Legacy is in mint condition. But that’s really only because I hardly every use it. There’s not one small scratch on it. The only thing is the designs on the caps of it are sort of fading…

I.e not mint. Lol

I have ZERO yoyos in mint condition. :slight_smile:

I’ve decided family members make that impossible… Especially 2 Year-olds who just happen to be able to reach your new G5.

Dinging is the only way to tune RecRev’s

It’s true.

Matt’s mint Electric Daisy had a very noticeable vibe. As all his other Rec-Revs got smoother with dings, I decided to test it out on the Electric Daisy. I slammed it into his table and wall a few times, and it was smoother. Sure Matt was pissed… but it was smoother.

Sounds like I’ll be throwing my i against the wall quite a few times tonight.

Please don’t. Dinging may make it somewhat smoother, but you’re risking bending the bearing seat and axle.

Only if you throw it extremely hard.

not necessarily. 6061 isn’t as strong as 7051 :wink:

I dinged my Electric Daisy, and it made it vibe . When I got it, it was vibeless.

All I’m saying, be careful doing that. I ruined a yoyo doing that.

Guess I’m lucky then. My No.9 has no vibe at all.

Who’s careful nowadays?

2 Likes

Yeah! Screw caution! I play offstring on my 3 story high balcony with magnums!

But it’s still aluminum. We don’t throw it extremely hard.