dings, dings, dings.

When Ever I ding a yoyo I cringe but then I look at it and go oh well and keep throwing

When I get a new yoyo I try to keep at nice as long as possible but after I ding it once I dont worry about it as much

I usualy pick a cheaper yoyo and thats the throw I take every where and I only throw the high ends over wood or carpet

But its just a toy if it gets dinged its kinda sad but I get over it and keep on throwing

1 Like

yeah you hit the nail in the coffin lol. I just throw my already dinged throws anywhere. But high end throws, like my summit, are staying over carpet and wood. If by some reason I ding a yoyo by hitting it on metal somewhere, I will be mad, but will get over it. I am not gonna be mad for a ding on a yoyo lol.

I actually kinda like dings, I don’t use the bst and I don’t plan to, so they aren’t really losing much “value” to me. I yoyo because it’s fun, not to collect.

I get a little miffed when I get a 100+ dollar yoyo and ding it! But if I get to miffed, I’ll end up with new dings! :smiley:

Dings are dings, but The day I ding my Prodigy will be the day I die :o

But, anyway, it doesn’t exactly matter to me if I do. I don’t like to, but if I do I’m all like “meh”

all good dings in time…

if the dings don’t affect play - i really don’t worry 'bout 'em.

mgodinez

rain…

I know. Try doing finger grinds after a concrete ding lol

i would consider that ‘affectin’ play’…

mgodinez

cloudy…

I think anybody would consider that affecting play. You would end up with a bloody finger haha.

Metal file + sandpaper = problem solved! :slight_smile:

Love marks. It shows how much you use that YoYo. I used to hate dings, but now I don’t mind them. Dings are natural in yoyoing. Don’t let them ruin your yoyoing ;).

Haha I don’t. I have some pretty beat up ones and I still love them. But my newer high end throws are my babies lol. So the beaters can take anything, but my babies have to be treated with the most care :slight_smile:

I don’t have any babies. I treat’em all the exact same. Which is still not reckless. I never (OK, rarely) damage anything on purpose. :wink:

Or the very same concrete that caused it, or a brick wall. It’s more hardcore to use stone as your tools. lol

I can’t say that I would recommend that. Lol

Its how I actually take care of my burr’s. Said it a bit in jest but it is how I really do it. Learned it from Some pro at nats one year. I want to say it was takeshi, or boyd. Been a long time since then. :slight_smile:

I use sidewalk/street/brick or whatever is handy as well. I just figured some of the folks in this thread weren’t ready for that degree of hard core. ;D

I guess that is one way to save money lol

Just tell him not to touch ur yoyos and if he does then sock him in the face. Its simple :l

So I have become a recent convert to buying some of my favorite throws that have dings, scratches, divots and scuffs that do not affect play. For a long time when acquiring a collection I was very carful to play my favorite throws in the safe places. This limited my risk taking and hindered my trick progressing. After dinging a few of my favorite throws I kept playing them and realized that the difference was minimal, or I am not skilled enough to know the difference. So I have started to purchase dinged and scratched well loved throws that perform as close to a mint version and picked up ( most of the time) at a discount. I feel a freeing paradigm shift in my playing since this change.

Everyone have a great rest of the week.

I would recommend a good set of jewelers files for the dings divots, and scuffs you can feel or would catch the string. They are magical.

2 Likes