Dinged yoyos-> strategies to avoid it/ show your dings

I’m kind on the fence… Sure it’d be nice to keep them all shiny and new. In reality, not going to happen. Sure I’d be lying if I said I didn’t get a little sad when a nice looking throw takes a beating, gets dinged or scuffed. It’s hard not to! That being said, the sadness wears off and you keep throwing. Maybe less worried the next time. And there will be a next time. In the case of my DV888, it took a few dings… I spent some time sanding it down and polishing it just to ding it up some more.

I believe in playing with your toys! That’s how it should be…

I have purchased about 35 high end metals over the course of 3 years throwing. I own 4 now. Just about every single yoyo has had at least minor damage. While I don’t like the damage, it doesn’t stop my from playing my favorite Sleipnir over concrete. I however rarely do make contact with the ground and this is due to the way I practiced throwing from the beginning. Every throw I assume there is a good chance that my last bind was bad, and that it will either smash my face or slam into the ground. Because of this practice from the near beginning, I rarely every strike an unintended surface and only once have hit my head. The nice thing about 7075 aluminum is that it doesn’t take damage like my next fav, the Chief.

PS: For those that are curious, I’ve had my Sleipnir for a year now and it is still perfectly smooth after smashing concrete, being unscrewed and put back together many times.

Ovious troll is obvious. This kid just sounds like he had a bad week. I will enjoy my yoyos, have fun stressing about yours. :wink:

I dinged my DM2 not long after I got it. I was visiting my mother at the hospital and dinged it on a bed rail. I tried to take a photo of the ding 3 or 4 times yesterday to post here but could not get it to show up in photo.

I do anything, anywhere, with any throw. After all, what’s life if you don’t get out there and live it?

1 Like

Some people go nuts over dings.

I did 4a with a 1a throw once and it rolled over the concrete maybe 10-30ft. It’s dinged like crazy, but who cares…

Also, it’s the Ano’s fault. No one would care about dings if the yoyo was raw.

A yoyo is a yoyo until you ding it. Then it is your yoyo.

Jeez. It’s like you people want us to ding our yo-yo’s. I never drop my yo-yo on the concrete. I still play every single yo-yo in my case. Most of my yo-yo’s are mint or near mint. My theory is that I am 6 foot 1 and all of you are short, so maybe that’s why you ding your yo-yo’s so much. I don’t even shorten my kitty string and I manage to dangle my yo-yo’s over the concrete.

Well, that’s not a logical conclusion. I may want some unreasonable things, but wanting you to ding your yoyos isn’t one of them. :wink: I don’t “want” to ding my own yoyos either!