Ding stories. Pls write

My favorite one :cry:

Ouch :’( I’ve been known to even just catch my yoyo mid trick if I think it’s going to go wrong. plus I have a couple throws I’ve dedicated to work over hard surfaces

The thing is I was completely comfortable with what I was doing because I had never made that mistake before, hence the huge ding :‘( :’( :cry:

Just now I was playing with it over Carpet when it flung up and gashed my glasses, now there is a huge gash that won’t come off.

What a trash day :cry:

I know that feel. Luckily my face hits have never hurt my glasses, but that’s just insult to a poo day :’(

Yep. The weird thing was that I was more worried about my yoyo when it hit my glasses than my glasses because I was thinking: “Oh god not a second ding in one day”

YoThrowBling!

Where dings go to die.

Do they go to heaven?

I dinged my yoyo one time. :slight_smile:

I broke a part of my grandma’s ceilling lamp today,but my CZM8 has no dings,which is nice

I dropped my brand new space cowboy about 30 mins after taking it out of the box. Hit the cup flat on the tile and bent the axle pretty badly. Ended up screwing up the threads in the yoyo so it now vibes pretty badly.

I gave my MarkMont Classic a good ding, not to mention cracking a glass table, when my blissfully ignorant dog stuck his head in the yoyo’s path. While I’d rather my yoyo dinged and glass table cracked than my dog’s skull, I do relive the moment from time to time and wish in that split second I hadn’t jerked and instead had come up with a way to keep everything safe. I don’t mind buying a used throw with some damage, but for whatever reason, it really kills me when I’m the one that damaged it.

Once my yo-yo’s string broke and the yo-yo achieved some serious damage marks. So I proceeded to slam the yo-yo into the sidewalk to make sure it was really beat and not just half-beat.

I bet all your yoyo’s hate you now.

Or they’re too scared to fly off the string like that other poor soul.

Good point

Tough love, baby.

I had an RPG gaming buddy who would take dice that rolled consistently low, line his other dice up in a half circle like an audience, then “execute” the low roller with a sledge hammer.

Gotta keep those inanimate objects in line.

Eric

That sounds like a fellow that I would like to destroy things that do not ‘thing’ well enough with.

When I opened my shutter then I dinged it on the first throw on a ceramic tile. I only cried for 10 mins, then I continued playing.

Ah I still remember my first ding (that doesn’t sound right). :-X

Gather around the Campfire my children, and I shall tell yee the tale.
http://www.latiendadelyoyo.com/166-1693-thickbox/clyw-campfire.jpg

It was the day after I received my brand new CLYW Chief. Was throwing it casually in my room when I somehow managed to throw it straight into the edge of my metal washing-up bin. The sound was loud and violent… “PIINNNGGGGG!!”

I picked up my Chief and saw a nice deep ding, freshly carved into the otherwise immaculate anodising. The silvery, bloodied innards of the Chief shone through it’s orange and yellow splashed skin.

Behold, I found myself in unknown territory… in limbo, if you will. I now had a choice to make, a choice that would set the precedent for all of my future yoyoing - Should I get upset, and mourn over the ding, fearing all future dings? Or should I decide not to care, from that point giving up all fear of dings from now till the end of time?

A pause… a moment of self reflection…

I shrugged it off, and kept on throwing. Haven’t given a darn about dings since, regardless of the yoyo. :wink:

That being said, I do regret parting with that Chief. I hope wherever he is… he’s happy.

http://www.bellrat.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Chief-AC-4.jpg

1 Like