Different shapes advantages

Hey, I’m a bit new and I would like to know wide angle’s advantages and disadvantages as well as different shapes advantages.Thanks:)

2 Likes

It’s less about advantages and disadvantages, and more so what you enjoy to use.

Sure, some shapes will lend themselves to more rim weight, leading to longer spin time and stability, but realistically any yoyo released right now has enough spin time for every trick ever.

I’d say in terms of wider width, an advantage would be its easier to land on the string, while a disadvantage would be that technical tricks may require more accuracy when fitting through tight spots. It’s not a major adjustment in either direction though honestly.

I say all this to say that don’t sweat what picking that yoyo to buy, pretty much all of them are good, and you’ll likely end up trying as many as you can no matter how much you like your most recent purchase. Just try stuff and have fun :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks, very useful, as I’m planning to buy my second yoyo(50$), recently bought a Replay Pro:)

3 Likes

Awesome man!

Personally I’d take a look at the Raiser, ReCognition, or Gulch before deciding on a Shutter WA.

Of course they’re all fantastic, but those three I mentioned are specifically pretty sweet!

1 Like

Thanks for the reccomendation:)

2 Likes

If your a beginner and you’ve got 50$ then what you want is an MVP!

Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what the best yo-yo is. In the $50 price range there’s really no wrong answer these days, just pick one you think looks cool and has specs you think you’ll like.

3 Likes