WA vs iceberg vs atlas, kitty string and gap wide

Hi guys I’m lion and I’m yoyoing since about two months. A few weeks ago I lost my yyt sage. My birthday is in a few weeks so I decided to buy me 2 new Yoyos and new string cause I just used yyt cage free string befor.

About the yo-yos I got the yyt atlas, iyoyo iceberg and the shutter wide angle on my list. First i was thinking of getting just the iceberg and the WA but when I heard about the atlas I definitely liked it. I also want to get a little bit into 5a so I thought to get it is a good idea. The iceberg has a lot of good reviews and is famos for his really long spin time and good stability. Also it’s Perfect for fingerspins and grinds.

The shutter wide angle is of corse the yo-yo of a Champion so I can not go wrong with it.

Wich to should I get?:weary: please help me.

Now the Next Probleme, everyone is talking about the reopening of kitty String I dit not even used the old kitty so I would like to get the new one. I think I would buy fat or xl string. Should I get the fat or xl? And what about gap wide is one of the yoyos so thin ( gap wide ) that xl string is going to bind on me when I do tricks where i got a lot of string segments in the gap ? Or has one of the Yo-Yo such a big gap wide that I should definitely use xl string I would like to buy just on package because my budget is not endless. And what about color? What color is good for Filming I think I’m going to make some videos in nature so green is maybe not good. yellow? Orange? And whats about white?

And anyways can someone tell me what gap wide I big and wich one is thin?

Sorry for the long text looking forward for loads of answers😄

2 Likes

Yellow or white seem the best for filming unless your shirt is going to be a similar color.

1 Like

string choice is subjective, get a bunch of different brands and thicknesses in small packs until you find something you like and fits your style.

ok welcome. I’ve had (have) the iCEBERG and a Wangle. The wangle lacked stability when it came to me purely because I like to do long combos before binding the yoyo. I know it’s not on your list, but a BiND is really really good. I got mine for 54 and if u want one around that price, pm me. I think that the iCEBERG is good but always is snagged up. It lacks consistency. If you would like a cheaper option, I heard the Silenus is really solid. Tell me a price range and I can give you suggestions.

2 Likes

That champion also uses kitty XL. Can’t go wrong with it :smirk:

1 Like

Oh… i didn’t even new that gentry is usin xl string

Hi Allen thanks for the reply. So you think that the WA is a bad option ? And I don’t now if I want to buy a used Yo-Yo because I’m in Mexico right Now and shipping would be so expensive that it would nearly cost same as a new one. But a new BIND is to expensive what’s about the Edge or the Edge beyond is on of those better then the WA or the iceberg. Ah! And what’s about the summer/ winter solstice are those better than a WA?

1 Like

Its not a bad option, but I think that it really only fits certain play styles. I only have a few yoyos and the edge beyond is one of my favorites. Also, I got my BiND new for that price. I meant if the deal is still on, you could get the BiND new in box.

Where this you get it? ( I mean the BIND)

1 Like

Directly from yoyofactory. I haven’t checked in a while and I got it half a year ago, but you could try calling them up.

1 Like

The new kitty doesn’t have 10 packages hobby master.

1 Like

Was looking for it just found for 110 bucks at YYE🤷🏾‍♂️

1 Like

And sorry is there someone having an atlas and new kitty xl so he can tell me if it’s possible to play with it?

Everyone has their preferences. The WA just doesn’t fit Allen’s playstyle. But you should try for yourself. But I think people that like and dislike the shutter series can agree it’s a must try for anybody new to yoyoing.

2 Likes

Thanks that’s a nice opinion. And does the shutter wide angle actually has a good soon time or is the BIND better when it comes to spin? I’m asking that because the spin time of the atlas is not so Good that’s Why I want a second Yo-Yo with good spin time

1 Like

What is your price range?

1 Like

Mean the WA is around 50 and the iceberg around 60 so I think 70 bucks. A few more is ok.

For a powerful long spin I would recommend the grasshopper gtx, it’s a great bi-metal.

2 Likes

Yeah. I checked everywhere. No more sales sadly. I personally don’t have the grasshopper gtx, but want one. Also, as “remember me” said, its a preference. I find those two yoyos quite frustrating because I strongly dislike snaggy yoyos. The iCEBERG is the snaggiest yoyo thatI’ve played with.

2 Likes

Ok so should I get the grasshopper and not the WA?

1 Like