Dif-e-Yo Now

I assumed Frank had semi-retired, but I just saw a BST listing for a “Brute Force” dated 2021. It looks like he’s still making yoyos and selling them on eBay!

Has anyone tried any of these newer yoyos of his?

I get the feeling Frank didn’t quite keep up with the Joneses. The Brute Force looks pretty interesting, though, with its shape and undercut.

3 Likes

I like the way it looks, but no idea. It’s heavier for its size, and imagine it’s powerful.

1 Like

Pretty sure @Grendel posted a couple in tbe "What are you throwing " thread. Maybe he could chime in, if hes around.

I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

He said he wouldn’t be: Grendel signs off

4 Likes

you can still catch Grendel on IG

4 Likes

I’d love for them to do another run of the Gladiator Slave.

4 Likes

Thats exactly what i was implying. Good thing @fatguysnacks247 is loaded with info.

3 Likes

Frank is such a cool and friendly guy. I started this thread: Dif-e-yo Appreciation but never added to it like I meant to. I have a bunch of interesting custom stuff he did for me. One day…

4 Likes

Fun fact, not that anybody asked, but some who appreciate Frank’s awesome work may find interesting:

We anodized his “Gladiator Slave” yoyo. MAN that was a fun project to do!

9 Likes

Frank has made 5 recent models: the Brute Force, Monster, 8CH Beast, Hellion, and RAZORBAK. I’ve tried all 5 and love all 5, but the RAZORBAK is definitely my favorite.

I’d love to see those. I’m a huge Dif-e-Yo fan and have a sizable collection myself.

5 Likes

They still play great. I picked up his 3 newest a few weeks ago. Some of the best bang for your buck yoyos ever.

20 Likes

Those definitely look unique! By any chance are the Monster and 8CH Beast swapped in front of the holders? The beast looks like the H-shaped one in the middle, given what I saw on the other site.

Since you’ve had the chance to play with them, do you have any observations about the weight? One of them is listed as 75g, and the other at 90g. That’s way heavier than my current heaviest yoyo at 68g. But the H-shape is really calling to me and makes me want to ignore the weight. As long as I don’t think about what 90g might do to my knuckles, I might want to give it a shot :grinning:

1 Like

Grendel was pretty much the only one I ever saw post about them until someone recently posted a photo of the Razorback. I picked one up just because they look cool and I felt like I should try one. It’s got more vibe and a heavier feel than most of the yo-yos of the same (approximate) shape and size in my collection.

2 Likes

I get the impression Frank is not concerned about current trends and is content to do his own thing.

3 Likes

Ive had maybe 10 different Dif-e-yos over the years and have never had one with any vibe. Thats weird you got a vibey one. I would imagine he might swap it out for you. Frank has always but super cool with me.

2 Likes

There are various levels, sensitivities, and sensibilities concerning vibe in yoyos.

This is pulse. Never had anything like it without a hard floor hit.

I’ll reach out.

1 Like

Frank is the absolute best. He will definitely take care of you.

3 Likes