did you paint your CLYW Canvas?

hey if you painted your CLYW Canvas I’m planning to build a photo gallery, so if you want to send over a photo I’ll include yours.

http://www.sniffy-yo.com/2012/01/have-you-painted-your-clyw-canvas.html

Awesome idea to post this thread. I’ll look forward to seeing some of the Canvases people have painted!

cool. I’m excited as well.

Wish I had a canvas now.

Not yet, but i have talked to a local artist who’s work i really like. And he is working on ideas now. Im so excited about it. I will defiantly post pics.

Awesome.

Bp

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

So Sniffy, what kind of paint are you using?

Golden liquid and also their self leveling gel. Adds 1/2 gram to each side, though I did several layers and accepted the extra weight was a condition of the look I wanted.

The golden liquids themselves don’t add the weight. So if you wanted to paint directly I wouldn’t be concerned about using them.

I only painted the inner cup though. I’m sure the paint wouldn’t grind well or hold up to string friction.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Do all of the canvases have only certain parts you can paint, eg; all but the rims? or can you paint the whole thing? Also, can an already painted canvas be stripped and repainted? Thanks

Well, I think ry the intention is only to paint the flat area of the cup.

If the paint can be removed later would depend on the paint type.

I personally wouldn’t paint anything but the inside of the cup being it could mess with the original feel of the finish.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I have one that is custom ano’d… does that count?