Di Base

Hey guys, I just got a Di Base and it’s great. But, I’m having trouble with the bearing because when the yoyo starts to lose its spin, the string rubs against the sides and the yoyo dies. Atleast I think this is because of the bearing. So I’m wondering if a YYJ size C Speed bearing will work in it. If not, what bearing should I get? Thanks for the help!

How long does it spin when you flick it? (the bearing)

About two seconds

The bearing needs to be cleaned. If you dont know how to do it, search it in the modifcation and maintenance section. And it will take a bit to get the bearing of a Di Base. You can use the back of a drill bit (1/4 i think) or a bearing removel tool. Stick it in the bearing and wiggle it back and forth.

Thanks! I’m looking to. Pick up a multi too soon. I’ll do what you said and hope it works. Also, can I get some mineral spirits at Wall Mart.

Also back to my original question, will a speed bearing work in it? My parents won’t let me clean it for some reason, and they don’t have enough time to do it for me :’( :’(.

It will work.
Probably because mineral spirits are flammable.

Any C-sized bearing will work in a DiBase.

See if you can get a friend to clean your bearing for you.

That reminds me, I need to dump my mineral spirits and freshen it up with a new pour into my jar.

Alright, thanks guys, you’ve been a lot of help!