Desperate plea for help.

So…

I just was trying to take the bearing out of my Genesis, (Darn tight seats)

and the bearing I had in it shattered!

Could someone give me a bearing? Like for free? I don’t know…

Also,

The inside of the bearing is stuck on the seat. Should I put the half in the freezer? Would that make it come off?

What were you doing to remove the bearing? Pliers? Why did you need to remove the bearing?

I really recommend a bearing puller. The YYF multi-tool one is fine for most bearings, but when they are really stuck, there are better bearing pullers, such as:

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/603/X-Cube-Bearing-Removal-Tool

Also, I’m hearing too many stores of the bearings being way too tight to the seat. Tolerances and performance claims aside, I don’t see the need for that kind of tightness. I have some yoyos that are smooth as glass, yet take them apart and the bearing falls out. Pop a bearing back in, screw back together, same “smooth as glass” play and performance.

Yeah,

I know of the bearing remover, I lost mine.

I was going to silicone it so that’s why I wanted to get it out.

I don’t know the name of what I used but…  I know it had way to much pressure, that’s why it shattered.

Yes, I know the tightness of the bearing has nothing to do with smoothness.  But I don’t know why it’s so tight. :stuck_out_tongue:

Should I put it in the freezer?

(George Wollaston) #4

Sorry, I really would help you out, but there’s a bit of a pond separating our two countries…

At this point, it can’t hurt. All you need to do is remove the inner race. Freeze away!

Hello

If you manage to get the remainder of the bearing off the seat of the YoYo, P.M. me your address & I will send you a bearing. I assume you are using the wide bearing & not the narrow bearing right ?

I would certainly find a proper bearing tool though or this will inevitably happen again.

Michael

For my YYF’s, I Tend to sand down the bearing seat a bit. Sure, it detracts from looks, but I believe that it is worth it, and it helps in the long run. :slight_smile:

I got the inside of it out!

I may try to sand the bearing seat down a little bit.

Thanks guys!

Woah!!!

I just got something in the mail…

I thought it was just going to be a replacement starburst response (my bro’s were broken (well he thinks so) when he got his Speed Dial.

But…

Stickman, (does he work at YYE?) sent 4, yes I mean 4, c sized ball bearing with it!!

I can not express my thanks enough.

This is amazing!

Thank you Stickman and YYE!

This is some good advice. I’ve used 1000 grit sandpaper to do the same and have found that a little sanding goes a long way and most of the time, I don’t really notice a change to the finish. But in the end it really does save you from some serious frustration.

I had a similar problem with my Yuuksta… I ended up breaking the bearing (by accident) in a bench vise, it popped right off :smiley: (with a big crack running down the side of the bearing the yuuksta was fine tho), did you by any chance pull when you removed the bearing? Also, as a recomendation for a bearing removal tool. the x^3 one is amazing i really like it.

i have a yyf removal tool.

i’m fine now, everything is set.

thanks.