Delrin

So I was looking to buy a delrin, and narrowed it down to the Halo by C3yoyodesign, or the Rec-Rev TA-1s. Which would you recommend and why? I have a medium pace, hoppy style of play. I like to go fast on occasion.

Thanks,
Jarid

Halo!
It’s crazy stable, and plays like a metal!

I have the metal TA-1 and the Halo. I’ve also played the delrin TA-1S, and it plays darn near identical to the TA-1. The differences are subtle and I may choose to buy one.

It depends. Both are great items. I think the Halo might be the better way to go. The shape is a bit more flexible as far as speeds, as the TA-1 is more of a “medium speed” yoyo and the shape is designed as such that it doesn’t exactly slice through the air. Both are pretty good at grinding, although I don’t thing either has an IRG rim, so if that’s important, you might want to remind me to check these via PM and I can get back to you.

RecRev makes amazing stuff at amazing prices. The Halo, I have no idea why it’s priced this way, but hey, it feels UNDER-priced, but OVER-performs and it’s a great throw as well. I think the Halo is your ideal fit for this one based on your need for speed.

Thanks for the help. I think I may go for the Halo! :slight_smile:

Halo is a great choice. Love mine. The sceptre is also amazing if you can find one.

Agreed.
Love the halo, but if you can get a Sceptre (not being sold in US at least for now) it’s absolutely worth checking out, really nice play, even without the reversible response / bearing size component in the mix.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Sceptre looks awesome, bur I think I’ll be getting a Halo.

Check out 3Yo3. I heard Landon makes killer delrins. I’ll pm you a link to his sight if you want.

I know his site. Was thinking of the Capella. How does that play?

I have the capella, it is a little small and heavy for my tastes, I would go with the volume. They are pretty much the same price anyways

yeah, but it looks like it’d be good for a carry-around throw.

So now it’s Halo vs Volume.
What’s everyone think?

Halo has mire power to the throw if you ask me!

Volume

Halo

You decide

Halo for sure. It grinds remarkably, has great spin times, is stable, and looks really classy.

If you’re outside the US I think the Sceptre is definitely worth a look:
http://www.sniffy-yo.com/2012/07/c3yo-sceptre-yoyo-unboxing-and-review.html

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Thanks Sniffy, but I’m in the US. The delrin will have to wait because I just ordered a Chief. I had been wanting a delrin for a while but after trading my old Chief I couldn’t help but snag a Foxy Moss. Thanks to everyone who helped, when I finally get around to buying a delrin, it’ll probably be the Halo.