First Delrin

So,
I’ve been wanting to try a delrin throw for a long time now, after reading reviews and seeing videos. I have a few in mind, and was wondering which would be a good match for me to try as my first one.
The main 2 I’m considering are the Volume by 3yo3, and the Halo by C3yoyodesign.

I own many metals and a few plastics, and how I can describe my play style is basically a steady, smooth pace, with as much flow as I can have.

Any other recommendations are appreciated.
Thanks. :slight_smile:

I’m getting a Halo at BAC. I currently have a Half & Half, which I like a lot now that I put a Crucial Grooved bearing in it. The Volume is a bit too extreme for me for now. The Halo seems a safer shape, reminding me a bit of the One Drop 54.

It’s up to you. The Volume claims a larger catch area, or at least easier catches, at least compared to a different 3Yo3 design.

Ok, so you described your play style. How about listing some of your favorite yoyos?

Wow. Fast reply. My current favorites are: Clyw Chief, Code2, Markmont.next, and on occasion, my DM2. :smiley:

Forgot to mention, My Canvas as well. ;D

YoYoEmpire Sun
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/yo-yo/cabinet/yye/img58643506.jpg?_ex=500x500&s=2&r=1

$30

WOAH. Never even heard of it before…specs? ???

Wait, never mind. Just saw the specs. Looks big and wide-ish. Cool suggestion, but not really my thing. Another option just came into my mind, what about the 3yo3 Capella?

???

Halo:
Weight (g) 68.70
Width (mm) 42.41
Diameter (mm) 57.50
Gap Width (mm) 4.5

Sun:
Weight (g): 68.0
Width (mm): 43
Diameter (mm): 58
gap width(mm): 5.0

It’s hardly any larger than the Halo.

And in China, it’s sold for $20.

Reminds me of a delrin Code 1 perhaps. Maybe a Dang

I know it’s not big compared to the Halo, I just don’t feel like it’s my type of yoyo, plus I like C3 and 3yo3 and would like to try my first delrin from either of them. :slight_smile: Looks like a nice yoyo though.

I love my Halo. One of the most fun yoyos I own. Excellent reviews of it online as well.

Also wondering, in your guys opinion, what makes for a better carry-around throw. Small in width, or diameter?

I think a big of both, but I think diameter makes the biggest difference for “pocket throw” compatibility. I usually wear stuff where it doesn’t matter.

Not metals, delrins.

Dont you see? This thread is about my FIRST delrin.