Deeper state

Anyone have a deeper state they would be willing to part with. Color doesn’t matter. Thanks

1 Like

I think yoyoexpert has some I stock now, or it might just be deep states

3 Likes

It’s the Deep State. I have been looking. I’ve seen the Deep States popping up and heard about the Top Deck release, so I’ve hoped and waited but alas…here I am. At the old BST.

1 Like

I messaged One Drop a couple weeks ago asking if they plan another Deeper State release. They said yes but they do not have a timeframe at the moment.

1 Like

That’s good info right there. Thanks for sharing. I have a trade in the works right now. I love this community.

PM sent

1 Like

Thanks to all. I now know the joy of the Deeper State. Please close.

2 Likes

How do you like it? I love my Deep States and been heavily debating picking up a Deeper State.

Let me slightly alter my previous statement. I will “soon be” enjoying the Deeper State. I will certainly let you know. I just love my Deep State. I did alter mine though. I put a half bearing in and sized shims out of brass washers to get it where the pads just start responding snappy and use a dry bearing. It spins super duper fast but still plays as slow or as fast as you like with as much snap in the response that you want. It can handle Trapeze and Brother. I’m hardly an expert but I have others (confusion) that snap back as soon as they hit the brother. In this configuration the Deep State pushed the RBC out of my spot as darling. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: I plan to do the same with the Deeper State so my estimation of it won’t be everyone’s experience.

Ah maybe I should finally get around to trying the half spec and shims. I keep putting it off, but hear good things.

1 Like

I just don’t much care for the way a greased bearing slows the bearings down. I was able to achieve a response with my Deep State that is so close to the RBC I couldn’t believe it. And the bearing spins like (a thing that spins really fast). It just feels amazing. After that I couldn’t put it down. I’m looking forward to that wider catch zone though. I chose to go the slim route while learning in order to force me to be accurate and I don’t regret it. But there are just limits to what one can keep that narrow thing stable through. At least for me.

Looks like a slept too long in ordering the Dif-E-Yo shims, they’re all sold out now. What shims/washers did you use?

I went to the bins at the hardware store and found the size brass washer that had a center hole that fit onto the bearing seat. I then used my dremel to cut off the excess circumference then I used the handle of some needle nosed pliers as a finger to run the washer over a file to remove thickness (turning it 1/4 turn every 5-8 strokes to keep it from getting un-level) and testing until I got just the response I was looking for. I had to also file the ends of the side effects in order to allow the axle to screw in further. Touchy business and not for the faint of heart, but achievable. Not the most beautiful but it’s not visible when assembled so I can live with that. The circumference does need to be small enough not to interfere with the outer ring of the bearing.

Oh. I also had to shorten the axle a bit. You just need to make sure to bevel the edges. Again. Not for the faint of heart. Of course you can’t do anything that another set of side effects won’t fix!!:grin:

1 Like

Since I plan to give the Deeper State the same treatment, perhaps I’ll document the process in a new thread. :thinking:

2 Likes

I started a thread under mods and maint titled “How I mod my Deep State”