Current Deep State Setup

I figured there’s a thread like this for the Gravity and MC, may as well see all them Deep State configs.

My new Cerakote is set up with black flat SEs (swapped out the greys it came with), thin dif shims, and a half spec bearing laced with @BadWolfeCo Sliccs. I couldn’t get the stock bearing to stay snappy for some reason, but loving this setup.

Not sure the color way name on this one, but rocking a greezed up 10-ball, grey Lego SEs (they look purple to me), and some random poly I dyed purple on accident last year :joy:.

(On a selfish note I’d love to see how raspberry SEs look on this finish if anyone has the availability)

16 Likes

Ooo thin diff shims and a half spec. Haven’t heard of this method before. Is it consistently snappy now?

2 Likes

It is! Response very close to RBC if you have that frame of reference.

1 Like

Do the shims add just enough space for the half spec to work with the original axle and SE’s? Where as I assume a half spec without shims wouldn’t be able to close all the way.

1 Like

You have to pit a shorter axel in too. I have one of my Deeper States set up this way, but fixed.

Quantity 2 x .010 Difeo Shims, Shorter Axel and a bearing blank. One shim on each side of the blank.

The bearing posts are just a tad too long to work with the half spec size.

Have fun

Do you happen to know what length axle is stock in the Deep State and what length to downsize to?

I am using stock SEs no change in axle length. I think a DeepER State needs a different axel, but not the SEs. And yes the shims bring up the bearing seat wall, and there is just enough of the SEs poking through to grab a bearing.

1 Like

Current “state” of my Deep State. Black on black, bearing packed with silicone grease, and a StringLabs Plutonium strings.

15 Likes

That looks really good :hugs:

1 Like

Stock OD 10 ball PACKED with petroleum jelly and reshielded

8 Likes

This is my road Deep State. Stock setup with a Zip-Line string.

6 Likes

It’s like, how much more black could this Yoyo be? And the answer is none.

3 Likes

Someone needs to make a vantablack yoyo.

2 Likes

@GnarlyCharlie This need some black string.

My very well loved Deep State is set up with ultralites, the OD10 bearing lubed with Superlube 51010, and Kitty First Class Fat

7 Likes

Dang.

1 Like

So jealous of this.

1 Like

Ah I know. Black string is so hard to see when doing tricks though. Hard to justify getting a pack of string just for this yoyo.

You can have a bunch of dings too, just walk the dog when people ask lol

Hah I didn’t even notice the dings. I refuse to walk the dog unless I have a raider or fireball in my pocket.