Current Deep State Setup

what if i were to double dog dare you?

2 Likes

We should have started this back when I had 14 deep states. I’m happy to see a couple of them show up in these pictures. My green cerakote comes in today to help replenish my loses.

Since I had so many I used different weight side effects, different lubes and different strings. All 14 were setup different and thrown weekly. None of them sat. I never found one setup I liked best. I do enjoy brass UL’s a lot despite being weight conscious.

2 Likes

Despite all the cool colorways I’ve had this moss green with brass UL seemed to get the most action.

3 Likes

My first new Deep State in a while. I’m digging the Cerakote. It looked a little soft on some of the earlier releases. I hope it holds up.

9 Likes

I swapped out the side effects, stock bearing minus shield with brainlube and a YSL ammo string. Brass domes looked amazing on here but I didn’t want the extra weight right now. This is my first Deep State with the red response pads. I think my first mod will be replacing them with the old clear ones.

9 Likes

I found the YSL Ammo was too thick. I just put on some Monkey Finger Vines normal thickness and it works much better.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried Ammo before. Do you happen to know if it’s thicker than Plutonium?

2 Likes

I believe Ammo is thicker.

2 Likes

Ever tried Ammo in a butterfly?

1 Like

I have with the full spec and it works great. Probably too thick for the half spec setup.

2 Likes

I was thinking plastic fixie for some 0A

I haven’t tried it but seems too thick.

1 Like

2 questions:

1. Can I use these shims with a full size C bearing to make the deep state completely unresponsive.

2. where can I find these shims?

2 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. Dif-E-Yo Shims – YoYoExpert

Thin shims

1 Like

Order a pair. Thank you.

I’m gonna try to set up my new Cerakote deep state with shims, centering bearing, and recessed flowable.

6 Likes

@bheinz63 said it.

Worth noting: I was using stock response, but otherwise the same setup. I needed to grab some rubber o rings from Ace for weight rings. Maybe the cerakote’s slight extra weight and recessed response will accomplish the same goal! Let me know because I’ll bite that idea so hard if it’s worth it.

1 Like

A string is not a yoyo :wink:

Ammo is thicker than Plutonium.

2 Likes

Current Setups:

First Run Factory Bape Swap (responsive) = OG Flow Groove pads, Concave Bearing packed with petroleum jelly, ultralight SEs and an Airetic reg nylon string.

Cerakote (unresponsive) = 1 red pad, 1 slim flow groove pad, 2 Diff-E-Yo thin shims, clean Centertrac bearing, brass ultralight SEs and an Airetic reg nylon string.

Both setups are amazing. Good lawd this yoyo is fun!!!

8 Likes

Yo this tank is fire yo-yos too but planted tanks are hard nice work I’ve been meaning to drop a pic of mine in the aquariums thread but it’s been getting too much spring sun and I got algae so I wanna wait until it looks good.

1 Like