Deciding on what to keep. How do you?

I’ve sold a few in the past that I’ve definitely regretted. So now I only sell stuff that I don’t play often, and when I do pick it up, it’s only for a throw or two until I see a yoyo I would rather be playing.

Or if it’s CLYW I keep it no matter what.

2 Likes

I keep them all.
I guess I’m as much of a collector as I am a thrower. Of all the throws I’ve collected through the years, I’ve only parted with 2. I gave a YoYo Jam (forget which) to my best friend’s son many years ago because he seemed to really want to get into it. I recently gave my #3 Deep State to a fellow Navy Veteran that I work with. He got into throwing when he was in but now was teetering on giving it up. He loved the DS and how it performed. So, I hooked him up with an early Christmas gift in the hopes of keeping him throwing.
That being said, I wouldn’t part with my collection unless I really needed the money. I don’t see that happening since I don’t have any really valuable pieces.
I love throwing the different yoyos. Makes me happy that I can grab a sweet throw and have a variety to choose from.

kgb

4 Likes

I just keep everything I buy, problem solved.

5 Likes

Truth, only regret selling the Clyw stuff and now I keep them all.

2 Likes

If you sell or trade something, and get it back years later, it’s fun for nostalgia’s sake. Had this with my General Yo Prestige. Like it more now.

2 Likes

Just when I think I am willing to sell, my other side has trouble to let go. The balance of reason is hard to weight. Many times I know when to keep or let go, but as my circumstances change, I need to adjust and re-tare.

I am torn.

2 Likes