Dead yoyos??

Hi, I was thinking about dings, and wondered if a yoyo could ever break, as in not usable?
ave you ever had a yoyo break or crack, and how? Broken = can not be thrown and come back up.

Thanks!
-myself

I Broke a speed beetle once. But other then that nope, all of my throws have lasted me.

It can happen. Especially with plastics. If you hit it twice

My Dark magic broke on a cast fell apart plastic was melted and it was in throwable

My first yoyo i ordered, the kickside. Threw it in the shower daily, and after 2 weeks the bearing and axle became a ball of rust

Handily broke a YYF Velocity by throwing it down hard in what was meant to be a super long-spinning sleeper. Except that the string wasn’t actually wound tightly around the axle… it was all loosey-goosey and I basically threw the yoyo hard directly into a tile floor.

It didn’t completely shatter, actually. But it was crazy wobbly and I was like, “What did I just do”? So I inspected it and it was hanging on by a thread. A thread that snapped moments later.

I broke my 888 I stripped it and then throw it of a building it no longer works

Yes - Has happened to me a few times. I find it somewhat strange how the string seems to get a couple of inches longer on a loose wind like that.

1 Like

i broke my yomega fireball. long story:)

My friend threw my Rev Rim and the whole thing flew apart and the only thing left on the string was the over lubed bearing. Luckily we found all the parts and put it back together! :wink:

had a minimotu just totaly fall apart.
Also had 2 or 3 spyy yoyos get warped hubs and not work anymore. Well you could do throw downs and stuff but the bearings where locked against the side of the yoyo.

Hahaha, what are the downsides to throwing in the shower?

I’ve never actually broken a yoyo where it doesn’t sleep but it doesn’t screw back together on 2 occasions. I stripped my Berserker’s axle and I for some reason can’t screw my fireball back together. :frowning:

Ayup. Stupid muscle memory tells us to throw like always. And by the time you go “ACK, LOOSE WIND ALERT”, it’s too late.

Yay! I’m not the only one that throws while taking a shower!