Dash Mod

After hearing arguments about whether or not it could be done I decided to see how difficult it would be to mod a dash with Silcone.
I used an old basketball card to act as a kind of shim, and put it just under the spacer to try and compensate for the hold provided by the rubber pad. Then I put in some silicone, let it set. Now I can’t wait to see if it all worked out tonight.

Edit. Extra idea. By using a my pocket knife I can take the spacer out the same as before. All I had to do was take said knife apply a tiny amout of pressure to the space to make it turn about 45 degrees. Then I found that the spacer poped right out. I thought this was pretty cool since it looks like most mods to the dash make it so the parts don’t come out.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx2/Buddyjim/2010-08-24194745.jpghttp://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx2/Buddyjim/2010-08-24194737.jpg

Very cool!!! I’m in the middle of trading mine but I do plan on getting another. I might have to try this. I always played mine stock w/ a clean/dry bearing.

What i did ws took the spacer, bearing, and axle out. then I just mashed a bunch of sili into where the spacer sits. Then I just placed the spacer on top then smoothened it out… done! no vibe!

mashed sounds a little…violent…

why do people make a big deal about siliconing yomegas?

A lot of folkes think it’s realy hard, and that it takes to much silicone, but after trying it myself I found that it really isn’t that hard. I can even take the spacer out with messing up the mod.
Plus the card shims made the gap bigger I love it.

A siliconed and cleaned bearing Dash makes a great pocket yo-yo, since you don’t need to worry about dinging it due to the price. What I did to make the perfect silicone job was to go to the local hardware store and buy some modding supplies. I bought a screw that was the same size as the axle, a matching nut and spacer, and two spacers with the inner diameter slightly larger than the bearing seat. By assembling in the following order (yo-yo, large spacer, large spacer, small spacer, nut, screw) you can clamp the yo-yo spacer down so it dosnt move when silicone is applied. This made a ultra clean silicone job, and made the yo-yo one of my favorite beaters.

Dang, ya got a pic of it?

My maverick has the rubber response worn down so much i could probably just leave the rubber and put the silicone in. But it still bind well for some reason.

Unfortunetly not right now. For the life of me I can’t find the screw etc that I used. When I do I will post a pic or two.