After hearing arguments about whether or not it could be done I decided to see how difficult it would be to mod a dash with Silcone.
I used an old basketball card to act as a kind of shim, and put it just under the spacer to try and compensate for the hold provided by the rubber pad. Then I put in some silicone, let it set. Now I can’t wait to see if it all worked out tonight.
Edit. Extra idea. By using a my pocket knife I can take the spacer out the same as before. All I had to do was take said knife apply a tiny amout of pressure to the space to make it turn about 45 degrees. Then I found that the spacer poped right out. I thought this was pretty cool since it looks like most mods to the dash make it so the parts don’t come out.