Need a modder

I was thinking about getting my Yoyofactory Protege modded. I have been getting pretty slippy binds and I wanted to silicone it but I know I will do a horrible job. I want it siliconed and maybe a new bearing. Any help? ???

I can do it if you want. Just no new bearing.

Considering I do silicone a LOT…PM me with anyting you want to do and we’ll work out a deal.

Not to undermine the great modders above, I personally think you should do the job yourself. It’ll take 1-2 weeks for a modder to receive the yoyo, silicone it, and send it back (with most of the time on the shipping) compared to the 1 day if you want to try yourself. Then there’s the ~$10 of shipping you have to pay (to and from the modder) which can buy a nice tube of silicone instead. And you can get at least 10 rounds of siliconing out of that one tube.

If you’re afraid you’ll mess up… there’s really no risk. Remove your bearing, put some masking tape over the axle hole if you’re afraid of siliconing there, and just do it. If you mess up, no biggie, just peel off the silicone and try again. With practice, you’ll be able to do it yourself nice and quick. Here’s a quick guide to siliconing.

-1) Optional- clean out the groove with some alchohol on a paper towel to remove old gunk.

1. Apply silicone to the groove- no need to be too neat, just get the groove filled, you’ll spill a little out the sides, but it’s not that bad.

2. (optional) take a spoon, or your fingernail, and scrape off the top layer of silicone from that groove. This will recess the silicone and not give too snappy of a bind.

3. Take your fingers, or a plastic card, and clean up a bit. Scrape spilled silicone off the yoyo. If there’s a thin layer, don’t worry, just get the bulk of the silicone off.

4. Wait. Let it dry. I let it dry overnight, or roughly 10 hours.

5. Scrape off all other silicone on the side. It should peel off quite easily.

6. PLAY/ rip out the silicone and try again.

It’s really not that hard. Try this silicone. http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-F81160-Hi-Temp-Silicone-3-Ounce/dp/B0002UEN1A I’ve also used bathtub silicone, but most people use that kind.

As for your bearing… you’ll have to buy it. I’d suggest a 10 ball, but it’s up to you. http://www.onedropyoyos.com/shop.php The AIGRs also have good reviews, but I’ve never used them before.

Thanks!  I haven’t been able to find silicone in stores so I will order online.  I was planning on getting a 10 ball.  I have lots of Xmas $$$ so I will buy those.  Should I just close this thread now?

ill do it

If you don’t want to order online and pay shipping, I’m pretty sure an auto shop will have the rtv, and home depot/lowes has bathtub/sink silicone for sure.