Dark Magic |||

You must play kind of rough with your toys.

Low wall and the flat part of rims angled more to create a wider catch zone.

Also, anodised rims should be standard on all YYJ hybrid throws. Bump the prices up $5 if need be, easily worth the extra cost.

What do you mean by hybrid? Usually that term refers to a yoyo w/mixed o-ring and starburst response.

I don’t know what to make of all the terms being used for metal rimmed plastic yoyos these days. I have to call them m"etal rimmed plastic yoyos" for fear of being given the bi-metal lecture from Wildcat23 ::slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to see the caps gone. I hate caps. They never fit just right and they always make an unpleasant sound. I know it’s possible to remove them, but that’s kind of besides the point. Also, one of the caps just won’t come off my DM2 with suction cups and I don’t want to drill it like I did my Phenom. So, I’m stuck with them.

Honestly, that’s about the only thing I don’t like about the DM2. Just print the logo on or something like that, and bam. Perfect DM. Maybe lower or angle the wall just a bit further down, but it’s not that bad as is.

The sound of having caps in a yoyo when hitting your hand from a bind is “smop”, and I happen to like it.

I just don’t like that hollow sounding “buzz” when the yoyo is spinning. It’s more just the fact that it’s loud than anything.

I wish they would cover up that ugly metal axle, or nut, or whatever the thing is that you see when you take the caps off. I wish they would do what they did with previous YYJ throws and cover it up with some plastic. Looks way better in my opinion.

EDIT: just realized I broke a thousand posts. I feel like such an accomplished loud mouth.

What I really don’t get is when they put caps on yoyos with fully finished cups. The Phenom even has a pretty cool, stylized nipple and YoYoJam text inside the cup. It looks good, way better than the cap.

Maybe Mickey liked the cap? I dunno. Just doesn’t make sense to me. It felt way better without and I didn’t see the purpose.

I think nearly all of his signatures throws (and he has a bunch) have mirror caps on them. I think the Phenom looks better without the caps on also. They should sell clear caps, to paint on.

I like caps. Take’em off if you don’t.
(I know you said you don’t want to)

I meant plastic throws with metal weight rings. Guess we can’t call them hybrids or bi-metals or even “metal rimmed plastic yoyos” since some of the weight rings are in the centre of the yoyo rather than on the rims. Might start calling them “bi-material yoyos”.

I had an atmosphere the metal thing was covered with a mound and It took me forever to get one cap off.

If you do not want caps on and suction cup does not work. Try duct tape or if you really hate em’ super glue something on and PULL

Either way they are still metal and plastic. Hmm we could call em’ metpla?:stuck_out_tongue:

I made topic on this plastic metal names.

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php?topic=53377

Hybrid is the technical name - but it got confused with ‘hybrid’ response - but since hybrid response isn’t being used anymore at all - we would call it a hybrid plastic/metal construction really…

Andre said this.

Good sir?

Do you know the insert quote option?

Just call them “metal rimmed plastics”.

Or “metal rimmed yoyos”, which has the same number of syllables as “bi-metal yoyos”
If you really want a new name that sounds fancy, however, then call it “composite yoyos”.

no.

Actually yes, I just didn’t think about that ::).