Dark Magic Problem

i doubt it… just send it in man. easier and more cost effective!

I just want to know why the string gets stuck between the starburst side and the bearing.

YoYoJam will not accept it if its 30 days old.

Do this test for me: Tighten the gap all the way. Make sure you are tightening as far as it can go (but do not overtighten it.) Now, if you play with it after a while does it still slip? If so, go to your local hardware store and buy LocTite ThreadLocker Blue. It looks like this: http://www.loctiteproducts.com/common/graphics/products/loctite/productshots/Item_452.jpg

Apply it on the axle and screw the yoyo together. Now, don’t open it for 24 hours. You’re still allowed to play with it though. After you’ve done all this, is the string still slipping?

It stopped slipping I dont know why.

i find that with my dm if the bearing is on the o ring side then that thing u described happens and idk y but it might be something with the wat the starburst is made on it ??? o well, glad u got it fixed ;D

It only happens once in a while now.

Try the LocTite thing. It will probably stop altogether after that.

But what does the LocTite stuff do?

Loctite sticks to the axle leacing a layer that will create more friction, which will keep a screw from unscrewing (the main purpose of loctice).

Get blue threadlicker if you are looking for anything. Purple is for high maintenance areas and the axle in your yoyo is (depending on how many knots you get) a high maintenance area, but purple will be too weak and won’t last long. The red one will be almost like glue, you will have to use brutal force if you want to unscrew your yoyo, and you might not succeed.

Addment: Teflon tape works as well.

LocTite is actually a brand. They make all sorts of stuff. You want LocTite Threadlocker. Just pointing that out.

Yes. I use LocTite silicone actually.

yes you should tighten the gap not super tight but tight enough so that doesnt happen any more.

-Matt