Daredevil, Akita or Boy?

Really can’t decide between these three, what do y’all recommend?

1 Like

The boy is a great playing throw. I would pick that one.

1 Like

Super hard to compare them they are all very different from each other.

1 Like

Can you elaborate? I’m curious how so

Well daredevil is a slightly undersized d bearing has lots of rim weight , boy has a decent amount of center weight , and the Akita is meant to be a big and powerful bi metal .

Can you elaborate on what you are looking for or what you’re preferences are ? The boy in my opinion is more of a fun yo-yo. The Akita is a competition style yo-yo designed for catching tricky horizontal and zoning combos . The daredevil I would say is maybe somewhere in between.

2 Likes

I have two out of the three and they are among my top 10 easy (Daredevil and Akita). Couldn’t go wrong with either - just a matter of personal preferences.

It is a diverse group. They are different shapes and sizes, and one is a bimetal while another is a D bearing throw.

2 Likes

Great question.

Really just having fun not playing comp. Favorite throws right now are the Shutter and Arcade, looking to try a CLYW and really can’t figure out which of the two are “better” as the general consensus is both are great

It probably doesn’t matter too much which you get now. Like most of us, you’ll probably end up wanting them all after you have a few. All!

3 Likes

All is right

1 Like

Yep , ALL is too right :joy: like the lil toy story aliens say you’ll be “One of US!”

I’d get a Pickaxe….

2 Likes

Fair enough haha

Look at your trickset or things you want to learn, or just play more and it’ll be easier to decide what you want.

If you like playing faster and doing dense tech you’ll probably like the Boy more. If you like doing more hooks/whips or just want a wider catch zone, then the Akita will be the better choice.

I can’t speak to the Daredevil but it’s already going to be pretty different from the others since it has a different bearing size.

A lot of people seem to buy a bunch of yoyos to try and figure out their preferences when they’re starting out. But in my experience your preferences are greatly formed by your trickset and what you want to learn or explore. So just playing more will give you an idea of what you want out of future yoyos.

5 Likes

My vote would be for the Akita or daredevil if you are looking for stability. The boy has a decent amount of center weight which gives it a very nice smooth feel but it does hinder stability a bit .

I think all three are great YoYos but it depends on what you value lost from play .

2 Likes

The Pickaxe is a lot of fun, this is a solid suggestion

1 Like

Daredevil.

3 Likes

Thanks I ended up going with the Akita!!

3 Likes

nice. i was going to chime in with Akita because it’s the only one of the three that I have.

it is a great throw. you won’t be disappointed with it.

kgb

1 Like

Thanks, looking forward to getting it in the mail!!

Akita 100%… very nice powerful throw.

1 Like