D bearings? Why?

I guess it might be because I’m just an old fart, but this doesn’t make much sense to me. I guess I see tricks as a whole - throw, trick, bind - kinda thing? idk

It’s interesting that your primary goal with a yo-yo is spin time so you have more time to correct mistakes. To me, if/when I made mistakes practicing a trick, I would restart at the throw, because that’s how the trick starts.

5 Likes

I’m not at the stage where a “trick” is a 30-second series of elements, like how Brandon Vu talks about “tricks”. To me, a trick is still something off the YYE trick ladder, the kind of thing you find in the Learning section here. So when I miss a trick like Kwyjibo, I just swing it back into a trapeze mount and try again, regardless of where it fell in the chain of tricks I was doing. Or, if I miss some part of Skin the Gerbil, I will release whatever mess I have, swing back into a trapeze and try again. No need to throw again; there is still plenty of spin (usually) to give it another go, or three.

6 Likes

for them to exist.

From a rational functional purpose I don’t see a need but maybe someone will discover one so keep on truckin’

1 Like

Just make a D bearing yoyo already Ben. Call it D-umb Fun because it’s not rational or functional. Guaranteed to sell, you can thank me later.

19 Likes

You just want to stock more pads :joy::rofl::joy:

8 Likes

Call em Dads. D-Pads. I’m full of great ideas.

22 Likes

I’d like one!

I relate to these already! Take my money…

1 Like

can we sell them in bags and call them D-bags?

or maybe make an oversized yoyo and call it the Big-D. Maybe it can be free so you can give people the … I just took it too far WAY too fast

20 Likes

Look, already one guaranteed sale to @yomeister right there. You already have the name, all you have to do is design it, pay for it, market it, give me 50% (not negotiable), and you’re good to go.

10 Likes

@bpelletier time to rename this thread the Ben and Garret chuckle time show.

2 Likes

There is the next @Evan_Nagao signature D-Bearing model, “Close to D-Edge”

Or a new @Gentry_Stein signature; “Digital Shutter”

10 Likes

honored i could provide a platform for this type of award winning creativity

3 Likes

@yyfben2.deactivated or an instant sellout hit

“7068 eighty-eight eighteD

pretty sure @YoYoExpertGarrett would agree these would be D-Bomb.

6 Likes

This thread has clearly D-railed :laughing:

9 Likes

I would be absolutely D-lighted to have one!

1 Like

well, well, well, i’m a 2A player. Quiet and chill, good choice.

D? Because it feels nice. Or so im told…

1 Like

Im not sure if i buy into the physics that’s being presented here. It’s the mass and radius of the yoyo that’s going to make the difference.

i think regardless of the science being true or not small bearing yoyos just hit different. you cant really deny that.

3 Likes