D-Bearing SkyWalker Response? Plus Monkeyfinger Buff Question

What type of pad will the VsNYYC D-Bearing SkyWalker accept? And has anyone tried the Monkeyfinger Buff? If so, how well does it work?

Monkeyfinger Buff is…FANTASTIC. It lasts long, and is reusable! I’ve used it for about 10 yoyos per tube. It makes your ano look brighter and practically new! And it gives the yoyo a nice, smooth grinding surface as well. If you’re thinking of purchasing it I say get it!

1 Like

Also curious as to what pads will fit the Sky Walker. I’m running mine on flowable silicone at the moment.

Yuki

Yeah, mine has it too, but it’s kind of slippy, so I’m using 50/50, which is unfortunately black. (I’m going to try and use it to audition for a talent show).

There isn’t any pad made for the skywalkers d or c. They have always just been siliconed. for some reason I find the d bearings to be slippy as well. Not sure what that is but I have owned 4 of the d bearing walkers and I noticed that as well. The buff im not a huge fan. Didn’t notice much difference but maybe I was expecting to much. It smells weird and is basically like putting vaseline on your yoyo and rubbing it in. It was a cool idea though.

I been wanting to try those Japanese pads (I something) to see if any of those fit the skywalker. I have put c3 pads in them and even though they are a lot narrower they work good and give tight binds.

1 Like

Not entirely sure how well IrPads would fit since they’re pretty much made to the same size as other brands’ pads.

Shame about the buff.

Yuki

So I take back what I said about the buff. I still dont like the feel of it on the catch zone but last night I put it on the hubs of all my yoyos and it made them pop. Expecially the lost in the Arctic Canvas. The artwork really standard out now. Plus having it there the polish doesn’t get wiped off nearly as fast if at all. It also lists a super long time. I have only used less then a quarter of the first two and you get 2 tubes. So I take back what I said and would recommend it to everybody. I will try and get some pics posted.

1 Like