Cuts on fingers

This hand moisturizer is odorless, works well, and is pretty ubiquitously available:

It’s usually available at CVS, Target, and the everything store in the US.

I also really like this fancy hand cream, but the scent definitely has an opinion, and it’s opinions disagrees with my wife:

1 Like

I would suggest using superglue for the cuts. O’Keeffes will help the cuts to heal if it’s from dry hands (I use this as well). Why can’t you do gloves? If it’s the feel then maybe try different brands of nylon gloves or maybe try the three finger gloves. Just a suggestion, superglue helps tremendously, been using it for many years. Early on i would put box tape around my fingers so i could continue playing when i had cuts one them. Your skin should get tougher over time but you may still need gloves with longer sessions imo.

2 Likes

I just haven’t taken the time to get used to them yet. Like I’m not used to how slippy they feel when I wear them and I miss catching the Yoyo when it returns too much. I also kind of feel like an imposter or poser or something because I’m only like 4 months into Yoyoing. I know this doesn’t matter and shouldn’t affect if I wear them or not. I do think I will try harder to get used to them soon though because all my calluses seem to be shredding apart at the same time.

1 Like

Cuts on fingers, black eyes, bloodied and torn faces. Way to go, yoyos. The yoyos are winning!

1 Like

Being new to throwing and/or the forum doesn’t make you an impostor/poser at all. Welcome to the forum.

As for the gloves, I don’t wear them all the time, mainly just for longer sessions or if I see/feel a cut beginning to form. tbh, I prefer to wear gloves when practicing at home so that my hands are in good enough shape that I don’t have to wear them when in public or throwing where others are around. But this is just preference, no shame in wearing gloves anytime imo. And you will get used to how they feel with time. I prefer the three finger gloves even though they may look a little goofy lol.

Superglue helps tremendously with cuts though. I like the bottles that have a brush attached to the lid for easier application, but any standard superglue will work.

2 Likes

Also FYI superglue can be used immediately on fresh cuts there’s no risk of infection from superglue. It will sting but they use it medically to close wounds so feel free to use immediately. It gives you kind of a little shell over the area. Just make sure to hold the cut closed when drying so you aren’t just sealing a wound you promote healing.

2 Likes

I am testing this out to cover a blister I got perfecting Tangler. Seems to be superior to band aids or other medical tape I’ve tried so far. Gonna stress test it today and will report back with findings later.

4 Likes

String cuts can tear up your fingers for sure, i started using hand lotion more regularly to fight dryness and cracking and heal faster. Seems to help.

2 Likes

What is this tape like? Can you compare it to other tapes such as medical tape maybe? What is the texture (smooth, cloth-like)? Just curious, haven’t heard of this one. thx

2 Likes

It is a cloth like tape similar to white cloth medical tape. However I’m not noticing the fraying at the edges and “seepage” of adhesive which is annoying about that type of product. I went on a search for a new finger tape solution when I had something like a big blister I couldn’t just superglue. I had never heard of this either when I came across it but had high hopes it would work given the applications it is designed for.

So far it’s ACES. I have been practicing Tangler with this tape over the blister and it’s working perfectly to protect from pain and further injury. It is holding impeccably well with no fraying and no adhesive leaking out from under the tape. Pulls off super clean and tears by hand (with effort). At this point it’s a 100% recommend but I haven’t really stressed it a ton yet. But it is already outperforming band-aids or any other medical tape I have tried.

2 Likes

Aight so I took the 15 mins to get used to the gloves then had the sickest session of my life so I think I’m a gloves guys now lol…I feel like I just dropped the ankle weights…I love playing Yoyo.

3 Likes