Currently available sweet, floaty yoyos?

I can’t believe this is a comprehensible question. I genuinely thought you were just typing up random words to be funny LOL

To respond to OP, I’m gonna triple down on the recommendation for the Markmont Classic. It really is excellent. If you like good feeling organic yoyos, the Markmont Classic is a true classic.

I think a lot of stuff that hyper fixates on being floaty/light can skew into a realm of being difficult or unforgiving to play. The Markmont Classic feels fantastic in play, fantastic in the hand, and it’s not going to have you feeling like your yoyo choice is actively making yoyo more difficult.

4 Likes

Another vote for MarkMont Classic!

Another favorite of mine is the Atmos Projects Cephas. A lot of their yo-yos have a wonderful floaty feel actually.

Pano is one of my all time favorite yo-yos btw!

3 Likes

OD Nitro is very floaty. Much more so than the Wizard, Panorama, or even the MMC I think.

1 Like

try the Tangent

58 mm dia
44mm wi
63g weight

v light very very ROUND

6 Likes

Sorry! I saw the words fly fishing and got excited. :joy:

1 Like

Another couple of “floaty” boys if you want to scrounge the bst:

OD Nitro (as @TheThrowingGnome previously suggested)
Yoyofriends Sunbird (not organic but a bomb, lightweight, zippy throw)
Smashing Float (ditto the above)
Shuriken Juji (not organic but has a nice big, full feel without any thunk)
OP Peach
Throwing Sideways Sistine

Or the C3 Speedaholic Max is a real light, awesome bimetal that you can pick up for decently cheap

Super doubling down on the wizard if you like the response bump, some people want higher walls though on their organics which is understandable.

1 Like

i can speak to the CLYW Boy as a sort of amalgamation of a competition and chill yo-yo. i can also speak to the bathysphere as an amazing organic; light, chill, good weight distribution, and comfy to throw around.

if you want a yoyo that feels “exaggerating” like your fishing rod preferences, maybe looking at a yotricks arcade would be good. b grades go for cheap, and it’s a slightly undersized, light little guy. that’s my recommendation from experience, so you can add it to the pile of advice :3

1 Like

DocPop Icarus is an available option.

5 Likes

Doc pop Icarus is an excellent suggestion. I can also highly recommend the dreamcraft Asora. It sounds like almost exactly what you’re looking for.

4 Likes

Get a sense journey nextgen. It is so incredible and so cheap.

Icarus ticks all 3 original boxes, its sweet, its floaty, and it’s available

3 Likes

The pano is my favourite between it and the diorama. But the MCMO is my favourite over the MC. Highly recommended, it is a a work of art.

3 Likes

Is this Augie Fash by any chance?

1 Like

OK people, no MMCs I could find on BST, but found and MCMO and it’s on its way to me from Australia. Excited, and considering other stuff from this list. Thanks y’all you’re the best.

9 Likes

Cool! What colour did you get?

Clear - the only one available. I tend to go for weirder colors but I can feel nice and classy for once with this one

4 Likes

Clear looks really good in pyramatte. I like colourful yoyos but also appreciate clear. Plus you can accent it with any colour of side effect! I

1 Like

I’m back with another suggestion for you. Since you’ve got a lot of love for the panorama. If you’d like to try something else in that regard I’d highly suggest checking out a Jake bullock slim rebound. To me it’s essentially a midsize D bearing Diorama/panorama. I’d say diorama first in this case just cuz it’s made out of the higher grade aluminum. But if you’re into the awesome unique feeling on the string u get when throwing a pano then you will 100% enjoy a slim rebound! Check out this pic I took of my bape slim rebound next to my pano

Very similar yo-yos aesthetically speaking and in how they play. The rebound is a couple mm smaller, non side effect, and got slightly sharper edges/curves. Same overall shape and equal amount of uniqueness and fun this goes to anyone who’s yet to try one

5 Likes

In the flesh!

3 Likes