Current top 5

I gotta make a new official list here in the near future, as my preference has changed a lot since even two months ago, haha. But I’ll say that my unofficial list comprises of mostly the new Freehand yoyos, haha! That and mostly responsive yoyos.

Man, seeing all the love for the RBC has my finger on the trigger, though I’m waiting to pull until after a certain paycheck comes in, lol.

4 Likes

Another 5/5 and a top 5, since my Top 5 hasn’t really change much in the last few years, I’m taking a page out of @Isaac 's Playbook from last year and listing my Top 5 Sherpas that are all set up unresponsive;

1. 2019 White Out Edition was first release at the last in person 2019 World Yo-yo Contest in Cleveland at the Basecamp Party. Mine isn’t quite that cool, this was from the second batch cause the hype was real. Went all in and put in a Gold NSK CT. This one tips the scales of freshness, it feels like porcelain and can hang in a china cabinet with Lladro’ figurines when not being tossed.

2. Aqua and Green Bape Swap with Gold NSK CT. I like playing my beat B Grade so much that was in my truck, I needed this minty one to play when I got home and its set up like the White Out, but with that nice blasted Sherpa finish and Bape look. It just pops with yellow strings.

3. Blue from Games of Berkley, was an EDC for most of 2018 and has a Crucial Groove Bearing in it. Still one of my few premium throws that I was able to buy from a brick-and-mortar store when I was in the Bay Area. I really got intimate knowledge of doing Magic Drops with this one.

4. B Grade Stamped Brown and Black. Proud B grade stamps on both halves and this one lives in my work truck, so it gets played a few times a week in places that can be hard on Yo-Yos. It has hit the ground, metal gratings, the side of the truck and has been frozen multiple times during the last few winters and it still plays great. I still can’t detect any vibe, just good vibes and it looks tuff with all the scuffs. Sometimes I play the same string on it until it just gets crusty and I love every throw on it.

5. Purple New In Box, What would be a Top 5 of the same yoyo without one fresh and never strung up in a box? This purple colorway doesn’t come around too often.

19 Likes

If I were to rank them #5 to #1:
One Drop Terrarian
a-rt 420L
OneDrop MCMO
@RC_yo-yo Wenge Bitterfly
@chaosgow Ti Wanker

Honorable Mention for the Ditch which hasn’t left my bookshelf/bag since it arrived. Best on-the-go for sure, only narrowly winning out over the @fatguysnacks247 Fair Trade 138 (pun intended).

Also a Lego Probe Droid that my son and I made yesterday.

12 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

If you guys are interested in the 138 here they are

7 Likes

As of May 30, 2022

Citizen, Alpine, Wish, Diorama, 5050

16 Likes

I keep seeing praise for the Alpine. Is it really that good? Finding reviews on Ti throws tends to be difficult.

1 Like

I think Jeffrey did an incredible job to embody CLYW spirit in this throw. Very very well done.
But when it comes to your personal pref it is always hard to tell.

4 Likes

As of July 12, 2022

Once again I couldn’t just pick 5, so here’s my top 6. In no particular order: Citizen, Alpine, GTR-JS, Peregrine, Wish and Diorama. Although, I will say I think the GTR-JS is probably the best performer here.

15 Likes

Ah u got the 28s. Such a unique one right ! Lovely Rich!

2 Likes

Punchline and supernova yessirrrrrr. I got one of the red proto punchlines. Literally the only throe kept from the 2010 era besides a jamboo.

4 Likes

Recess Little League, YYF KO, Top Yo Silenus, Recess Snack, MYY Stealth.

10 Likes

No particular order tho mini wide is getting all the attn as its newest to arrive. I wouldnt say these are top 5 all time ever as thats hard but these get the most love right now

UNPRLD Cognition (the og, the goat, the beast)
Luftverk x CLYW Alpine (god’s gift to man)
G2 Banshee mini wide (:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:)
MFD AOTUS (ano is called dragon burn)
CLYW Bonfire

16 Likes

The Top 5 is always changing… here’s my current lineup with some thoughts:

Yoyofriends Sync - Nice to have a competition-geared throw in the rotation that won’t hold me back and this one fits the bill perfectly.

Recess First Base - Everyone should have one.

Mike Monty Memento - Fun, floaty and capable with satisfying binds and regens. I recommend using a flat bearing for the full effect.

One Drop Top Deck - I don’t know how they made this so good but, man, is it good. A perfect balance of chill and performance.

One Drop Intro - A pocket-friendly and fun nod to OD’s roots with just enough performance packed in to make it a perfectly capable EDC. Easy to pick up and very hard to put down.

21 Likes

Duncan Freehand One

OP Sprite

CLYW Boy

Heaven Sent Creep

G2 AL7 Life

19 Likes

Alright, so I know I’m always changing my Top 5, but if someone said to me, “Hey man, you gotta keep it to these 5 for awhile” I definitely wouldn’t have any complaints. I feel like I’m more confident about this Top 5 than any I’ve ever posted before.

If you’ve been following any of my recommendation posts recently, you’ll know I haven’t been able to stop singing the GTR-JS’s praises as my favorite bimetal for several months now. It has definitely earned its spot as my favorite bimetal and has held that position for longer than any other in recent memory.

The Chief was my favorite monometal before I got outta the game around 2013/14, and when I got this 28s awhile back, I was reminded of why I loved the Chief so much. It’s absolutely insane that this monometal is over a decade old and can still hold its own against anything released today. The design is like the MMC in that it was WAY ahead of its time, and will just be a timeless, well playing classic staple of yoyos forever. I’ve come to realize it is truly the favorite monometal in my collection.

The Citizen and Alpine are my fav titaniums (and the only ones that I own) and the feel of these two is just absolutely unmatched. And everyone knows I’m one of, if not the biggest Panorama/Diorama fanboys of all time. This Diorama is my EDC yoyo - I seriously bring it everywhere and love the feel of it so much. This one has a Platinum DS bearing in it so it’s quiet as hell and smooth as butter.

20 Likes

Static Co. Sudo
OD Panorama
DocPop BoltXP
a-RT Grail
ILYY Lynx

The Lynx in particular has really blown me away recently. Feels like crackout and raytsh used the Peak as a starting point and tweaked it in all the right ways to make something unique and distinctively ILYY.

23 Likes

OD/Static Co. Parlay
OD Panorama
OD/Sonny Kuntosh 5kQV
SoSerious/X3 Chronos
CLYW Beater

The Parlay could be a Sudo or an Intro depending on my mood, though.

19 Likes

Always love this thread! Here is my current top 5:

OD gradient
Spinworthy unreponsive wood yoyo
Clyw pickaxe
Triple Point (Christmas Yoyo)
RBC

9 Likes

One Drop Top Deck and Thorn. Unity Yoyos Affinity, YYF Kapital, Unparalled Recognition. I loved my new Panorama this morning but starting to feel it’s not my flavor at all…

8 Likes