Cubing Corner

Please do, Pineapple Jumpsuit.

Certainly. I typed bob burton in google and the site that looked like it said something like ā€œthis site may be hacked.ā€ Are there any other sites that might work.

1 Like

Sweet, thanks

Still uploading as of this post

Honestly not a bad solve, pretty good in fact.
Try bob Burtonā€™s cubewiz, it works for me. If not I can give you some oh algs instead.
As for the solve, you had a lot of pauses, which I would attribute to not knowing the method as well as normal solving, so practice will solve that issue pretty quickly. Your turning is decent, but you should flick Rā€™ with your pinky like you do for U. Thatā€™s about it. Iā€™ll link a guide thing once Iā€™m off mobile for turning OH.

Im going to the us national cubing competition, anyone else here going

I do do Rā€™ moves like that. Oh, yeah a link would be nice.

oh my god im so jealous of you, i was supposed to go but the lack of funds stopped me.

Wow, how do competitions work for cubing? Whoever can do it the fastest?

I have very limited knowledge on this, but for things like 2x2 and 3x3 you get 5 solves and the person with the lowest average wins. Right? Wrong?

Yup, im pretty sure thats how it works, but this is my first competition, it just happened nats were a 2hour drive away. Im going to go for 3x3, fmc, and maybe 5x5. Pyraminx and 7x7 if i get some free time

I was doing some f2l and got a 40:29 average out of 5.

essentially yes. For bld itā€™s either single or mean of 3 and 7x7 (maybe 6x6) itā€™s mean of three.
Also, am I the only one with competition experience who regularity uses the forums?

I go to yoyo contests. but, yeah, you probably are.

Is there a system of 2 look last layer that does orientation and permutation of corners and then separately doing edge o and p?

Using coll no matter the edge orientation to solve corners then doing ELL to solve edge permution and orientation. Not very efficient but It could work okay I guess.

On another note I now have UWR for 3x3 with socks on hands for single ao5 and ao12 as well as YTUWR for single and ao5.

What in the world?
I just did a blind solve one-handed on my first try. My next blind goal is to be able to solve two cubes at the same time. Unfortunately, an aolong and a rubikā€™s brand cube are not at all the same speed. And right handed y and r perm are a little different from left handed. And I wouldnā€™t really know the criterion for what makes it ā€œofficialā€; like whether they have to finish at the same time, or you canā€™t turn one without turning the other. Is there a category like that at competitions?

I donā€™t even think they have oh blindfolded in a competition.

oh (see what I did there?)

1 Like

Shameless plug