Crucial Half and Half review

For a while, I had wanted to get a Crucial Half and Half. I was looking for a review, and I realized they are hard to find. I recently got one anyway, so I decided to make my own review. Mine is blue thanks to a special store… contact Calibuddha for info to this store.

Specs:
Diameter: 50.00 mm / 1.97 inches
Width: 41.00 mm / 1.61 inches
Gap Width: 5.42 mm / .21 inches
Weight: 67.00 grams
Response: Crucial Ghost Pad
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)

Looks:
I had always wanted to try a Delrin yoyo, and I had decided on a Half and Half. After some time, I got one. upon opening the box, I found my blue half and half sitting pretty in the box. This little blue beauty was just sitting all protected in foam. I took it out, and took a look. This yoyo is smooth to the touch, and it about the same size as a wooly marmot.

On the inside, were some ghost pads, the crucial bearing, and the axle. The system seemed nice enough, and the yoyo screwed and unscrewed nicely too. It seems very well built yoyo, wide and undersized.

Throw:
Wow, this yoyo is solid. It is also a stable yoyo. It’s a little floaty as well. It is a relatively quiet yoyo. It’s not dead smooth, as it had a tad bit of vibe, but it was nothing that took away from my play. It’s not an amazingly fast yoyo, but it plays at a good speed, and doesn’t move slowly. The speed is right in the middle. The grinds were pretty well too. There was no lip for thumb grinding, so there was no use there. Actual grinds were nice. Finger grinds lasted as long as some of my metals (about 4-6 seconds). The material of Delrin is surprisingly smooth if machined right. Something Crucial has obviously mastered. The ghost pads were a little slippy, but after I broke them in a little, and changed the string, it became much better.

Final Thoughts:
Wow, as my first delrin, and my first Crucial, this yoyo is very surprising. It does what I tell it to, and it compares to almost any metal that I have. The material is great, and the size is near spot on for my preferences. It’s undersized, and a great yoyo. Crucial has done it again, and I would highly recommend this yoyo to anyone.

Pretty good review.Looks pretty.(The yoyo lol)

It is a great review, very detailed.
(p.s I thought blue was one of the original colours?
http://www.spinworkx.com/blog/store/crucials-hottest-delrin-yo-yo-hits-the-spinworkx-store/
(The yoyo supplies store in my country))

Ah, that might be why then. In the U.S., I have really only seen white. I guess other countries have different colorways, which is kinda cool. :wink:

I had thought spinvio.us was the only store carrying the blue/pink half & halfs, maybe not

that’s where I got mine, spot on review by the way

I NEED THIS YOYO

I already wanted it… now I MUST have it

Something minor, but I think you should use “floaty”. This sounds a little weird. imagines yoyo floating out of box

I thought is was ok, but anyway… fixed for you

I love this yoyo, if you like the shape of the dv888 check this one out!

I agree