crappy annodization on 888x

is something wrong with my 888x? cuz I took off the hubstack assembly so i could do thumb grinds and such, and the inner annodization just comes off if i rub my finger on it. could someone help?

I heard that it happened to many other people too. :-\

Talk to Ben, I’m sure he could be able to help you. YYF has great customer service.

benmcphee@yoyofactory.com
or
sales@yoyofactory.com

My 888x anno is fine.

i dont want to have to send in my 888x :frowning: my parents dont really like mailing expensive stuff.

Talk to Ben first to see what he can do.

What with the triple post?

happens to me to.

no they don’t. i asked them a question and never got a reply back. unless you consider ignoring your customers a good way to treat them.

Same here.They don’t reply.

I also heard many bad thing about yyf customer service…

Customer service emails get checked at least every day, and most days multiple times a day. Lately even on the weekend.

I have been doing it personally lately and everyone has been getting a reply.

The only emails that don’t get a reply are those who have not entered a working return email address.

If you have recently emailed and havn’t got a reply firstly check your mail filters to make sure your reply did not go into spam and then resend your message via the form on yoyofactory.com or email contact@yoyofactory.com. As stated above also, you can also contact your retailer.

As for anodize removal. With the 888x we went for flashy gloss insides and a durable performance bead blasted grinding surface. To maintain the precision and performance of our yo-yos we annodize in a way that guarantees smooth spin and precision. Thumb grinding was not a consideration as the yo-yo is designed with hubstacks and the focused energy of your fingernail during thumb grinds may remove some of the anodize from the yo-yo.

And there you have it. Case closed.