Could IYYC serve as a Worlds preview?

Nope, WYYC has more and better competitors.

The IYYC 1A division was deep. It will be deeper in WYYC, but it’s hard to be “better” than Luis, Zach, Sebby, and Janos. 2A and 3A will have more competitors at WYYC, but it’s hard to be “better” than Shinji, Shu Takada, Hank Freeman, and Alex Hattori. Some of the best in the world were at IYYC. They’ll be at WYYC too, cuz they’re GOOD. Do not act like second rate players were the only competitors at IYYC.

Takeshi Matsura, Hiroyuki Suzuki, Marcus Koh, Christopher Chia, and more.

^you missed my point.

IYYC had in 1a Luis Enrique, Zach Gormley, Janos Karancz, and other good players.  WYYC [i]will[/i] have more players of [i]equal[/i] skill there.  You won't find players that are [i]better[/i] than the best players at IYYC.  Most of these players will be going: Chris Chia, Shinya Kido, Ahmad Kharisma, Gentry Stein, and other good players (and most of those who went to IYYC).  The point is that there will be triple, maybe quadruple (possibly more) the players of equal skill (maybe a little more than equal).  Luis Enrique could win WYYC,  Shinji Saito could win WYYC if he tried, Hank Freeman probably will win WYYC, and Ian Johnson has a chance at winning WYYC.  So you cannot say the competition will be better.

Yo guys, I don’t think Christopher Chia is competing this year. He has school from what I heard.

Oh, bummer. Where’d you hear that?

I don’t really think that any yoyo competition can be a reliable preview for worlds.
A lot of people cannot consistently do as well as they have done before, and their is a lot of “luck” In landing some trick cleanly, and not getting knots and stuff.
For example, Janos Did really well at 2013 worlds, and placed 1st.
But after that, i don’t think he was dominating any of the other competitions, even as the “world champion”
Even Hiroyuki Suzuki, Who won the 2012 worlds, fell to 10th.

Yoyo contests can be a sort of blurry Foresight, or a very, very rough draft of how they will do at worlds.

He didn’t do really well, he did well but not really well.

He had two switch-outs

Proving my point.
They both did well in their past competitions, yet they don’t always live up to that standard.
What I’m trying to say is that How well they do is pretty much dependent on their performance on the corresponding day. Not based on past experiences/competitions.

Not one person mentioned Carlos Braun who one eyyc.
He could win it for sure, but my bet is on Paul Kerbel.

I don’t really know why he won. He’s a good player, but I personally don’t think he has competition tricks.

I see where you’re coming from. But that doesn’t mean IYYC can’t serve as a WYYC preview.

Like I said, it can be a rough, rough draft of whats to come.
Maybe Enrique can win worlds, maybe he won’t, but based on his past performances, there will be a high probability he will do well.

… I would think, if we won eyyc, he would have some good competition tricks. And he is also a top contender also.

So someone who won eyyc has tricks that are good, but not suited to competition play? That’s what you’re saying right?

I said “personally”

Yeah, I read your post. Not coming down on you. Just hoping that you’d explain what you meant.

0:08, 2:04-07, 2:35-36, 2:55-3:04: I consider these tricks not contest worthy.  He’s pretty much an unsmooth form of Ahmad Kharisma in my opinion.  The body tricks he does I think are a little awkward, and don’t really have a point.  (Kind of like an around the arm trapeze, when you don’t do anything with the string around the arm.)  That’s one of the reasons I was surprised to hear he won.

I believe. He does those tricks for flair, OR the judges sees something we don’t.

OR, if your doing a trick that ends up in a GT, why not just get in a GT and call it good? If you answer this you’ve solved this discussion. (maybe)