Contest: The Perfect Match Giveaway

LOL’d
Therefore, you get a thank you, good sir.

1 Like

Took it, we’ll see what happens. Kinda fun to answer, regardless.

Took it for fun, I guess…

I took it a while ago.

I must say though, my weight preferences are the bottom two, but I could only choose one.

Just an update. I will get a chance to review surveys tonight, so I’ll update about what progress was made at that time. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Sweet.

Well, we are at 97 now. I have reviewed them all. The vast majority, appeared to be taking the survey for kicks (multiple high end throws) and I appreciate the support for the idea. A few do not fit within the rules and also seem to have several good and recently released throws. Another few either already have the very throws I’m giving away, appear to be able to trade up, or have indicated (through recent posts) that they are very capable of buying their own throws. I had a few people show support, not only by filling out a survey, but offering up something of their own toward the goal. A special thanks to Yoyo String Lab and N8dogg for the offer… The goal was to have fun by making a good match, but also to find someone who really had nothing descent to throw and no means of buying or trading up (a yo-yo need).

While the idea, I think, is still a good one, it was based on presumptions. Reading the forum, I sometimes got the sense that maybe there were some young people out there whose parents were struggling, and maybe didn’t fully understand our love for the yo-yo, so perhaps I might help out if there was some needed help when they had nothing descent to throw and no means to improve that. The intentions were good, but the presumptions, based on the data, were exaggerated. I appreciate everyone’s honesty too. You will be happy to know that even when some people don’t have the quantity or variety they prefer, the data shows that we are doing quite well as a group collection-wise. I thought I found a good candidate a few times (despite no match), and even got a few PMs ssuggesting one kid to gift a throw to. But, after reading posts and seeing that they are quite capable on their own, I do not think I will meet my goal at this time. I have shared some those details with a few of you via PMs. Thanks for trying to help me meet the goal.

I will not call this the end…just yet, and I will leave the survey open and check it periodically. I was not giving away CLYW like last time, but had a few mid-range throws to spread around to the right candidate. I will probably just hold a few throws in reserve and reveal the closest match that was made. The match was not someone who needs a throw, but he did match, and he is a great guy, so I am considering sending him the throw anyway…just because he’s a nice guy around here. :slight_smile: If this does not pan out, I’d try again later.

Good job that Artist. Really appreciate the effort that you put in.

:frowning:

So do we get to see what everyone likes best at least? Haha

Yeah, it might cost as much as the throws are worth (or what I paid anyway) to ship them a lot of places. U.S.A. shipping applies to the vast majority of members. I failed to mention, that some members outside the U.S.A. also submitted, but I noticed the same situation. I just think a lot of people who frequent the forums in general, happen to have a lot of yo-yos already, no matter where they’re from. If they have been on the forums at least 3 months, I can see their post activity and see where they’re at with their collection.

Sure, I will post that up sometime today, so you can see it. It doesn’t say specifically who chose what really, but will give an overview. It won’t show the top yo-yos everyone has in their collection, it will just show how many submitted an answer. Coming soon.

I’m one of those that submitted for kicks since i can get my own, but i’m really curious what the throws were, will you reveal that anytime soon? :smiley:

I will never reveal them all, because I will keep this open, and try again later.  So, I don’t want anyone to know exactly.  But, I will reveal the one that matched most closely.  This is the overall result.  The only thing that might shock you, is that one of my favorite colors…black, is in third place right now.

http://www.surveyact.com/r/95ff79f9-c512-4961-91d0-192a44b4d2b9/

I entered, kinda for fun.kinda not. I also like doing surveys for some reason! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the closest survey to one of the throws I had for the giveaway:

Submitted 11/24 at 11:26:

Level: Advanced
Made of: Metal
Weighted: 67g or above
Color scheme preferred: splash
Favorite color: orange
Color matters: somewhat
Ideal size: undersized
Need yo-yo for: fun
Style: 1A
Finish: Any
Shape: H
Damage: Any
Width: Average
Favorite company: Other
Top 5 Throws: Did survey for fun
Member: Snafu

The only things that didn’t match perfect were the color scheme that said he “prefers” a colorway to a solid. But, that’s just a preference. Also, the size for his next ideal throw being undersized. Everyone throws full sized yo-yos anyway…there are just so many. Otherwise, it matched perfectly. I had the following yo-yo to match his survey. This throw is now out of the running for this contest, because it has been revealed. This will remain open with another yo-yo instead:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3703/11093614945_7a1f3e198f_z.jpg
Untitled by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

1 Like

A lot of people under favorite company did “other…”

Any idea who that “other” company is? Because a lot of people like CLYW/OD/YYF/YYJ/SPYY and more…

I never did the questions with the thought of having a general survey of forum preferences. It was catered to the specific contest, and because I was not thinking about any…“other,” and didn’t buy a lot of “other,” it didn’t really matter at the time enough to type in every manufacturer. I really only wanted to know if they would match something I had for the giveaway. So, while this gives you a general idea, it is no real overview of the forum as a whole. 100 or so responses out of a forum of thousands, is not all that reflective of the whole anyway. Maybe it is an overview of the “most active members”…just maybe. :-\

it was YYR and sOMEThING of course!! ;D

But out of EVERY one that has posted, probably 25% have tried one of those.

I haven’t.