Confessions of Yoyoers

I was curious how bearing lube tasted…

um why?

wow, you have the exact birthdate I do… That’s odd. Anyway, my confession is that I prefer plastic/delrin yoyos to metal.

This thread got dark so quickly and no one even batted an eye.Lol

Lol’d at usagi.

I almost always rinse off my hands prior to throwing any of my yoyos.

Forgive me father, for I have sinne-

oops, wrong kinda confession.

1 Like

I actually prefer plastics.

I only know a handful of the tricks from the trick list after 4 years of throwing. I don’t know most tricks by name.

Oh, I failed kindergarden once and pre-algebra twice, and the only (jr) college course I passed/completed was weight lifting.

Haha, I love it! ‘Walk the dog or walk on home yoyo!’ A good test I think.

Wat.

I own more high-end metals than the number of weeks I’ve been yo-yoing. I call it “I-want-all-the-yoyos” syndrome, and it’s really hard on my wallet.

Because they feel hollow and heartless when you can’t feel them spinning.

Wow there’s a curveball! :o

Lol I do that to.

I guess that makes sense.

Yeah, having been in the whole anodizing business and being a somewhat serious collector, I am always super scared of dinging yoyos. With plastics, I never worry about the yoyo, so I can just toss them around and have fun.

Also if I’m wearing a nice watch, I won’t throw metal, only plastic.

I guess I should clarify that I prefer plastics for throwing.

I have been yoyoing for three years and have owned only 6 yoyos.

3 classics
a one
hitman pro
hayabusa

it’s kind of sad

That’s actually kind of cool.

1. I sanitize used YoYos that I acquire via trade with rubbing alcohol before throwing
  2. I refer to some of my favorite throws by pet names such as “shmookems” and “pookie”
  3. (Non-yoyo related confession) I can’t stand cotton balls

Yes!

• I name my favorite yoyos… I find a current association occurring around the time it was purchased.

• I am inconsistent with my throws and often bomb the simplest tricks. I have plateaued at Buddhas revenge…

I haven’t replaced the string on my Summit in 4 months and I still yoyo every day with it.

I might change it now XD

0_0

I replace my string every day, or rarely every other day…

And it’s not that I’m OCD about it, but it gets all frayed and dirty. And my hands are clean :o

That’s with Blueprint and Kitty Fat