Concerned about my purchase from @chrisdoc145

People please just pay the gs fee. It’s not much. The peace of mind is worth it. People say they can’t afford the fee then they probably shouldn’t be buying the yo-yo in the first place. I’m sorry for your situation man. Hopefully it clears up but I wouldn’t expect it to. If it never does let me know.

9 Likes

He insisted on F+F from my understanding. I personally would not feel comfortable doing F+F, but I also will no longer buy from people who charge extra for G+S. It means you are listing incorrect prices and is explicitly against PayPal terms of service. It’s basically telling people they have to pay extra for peace of mind.

6 Likes

I agree. I only do the F&F after positive interactions. If you’ve proven you can follow through, then you get that trust

4 Likes

All the BST purchases I’ve made so far have been with F&F…I know I’m naive and I’m well aware I’m putting myself at risk.
I’ve done it as a sign of trust and respect for those I’m purchasing from. It’s given me a strange sense of pride if that can make any sense to anyone.

I don’t think I’ll be doing F&F anymore though. I’d be crushed if someone finally decided to hose me :frowning:.

6 Likes

The only people I will do F&F are people I have dealt with multiple times or just have an outstanding reputation on the forum. I’ve never used F&F when buying from the FB BST though - too risky. It’s worth the extra couple bucks just in case something goes wrong.

6 Likes

I’ve heard PayPal does a really good job getting money back if you make a claim. I have never done it myself, but I’ve had friends do it and it has not failed them yet. That would probably be my next course.

2 Likes

That’s a really good idea. Let them know what’s going on and see if they can help.

Paypal has been VERY good to me over the years. They’re phone tech support is excellent. Some of the best I’ve dealt with.

2 Likes

Sadly they aren’t going to be able to do anything in this case. Paying goods/services is like buying an insurance policy against a deal gone wrong. The insurance wasn’t purchased in this transaction.

9 Likes

Does this thread really need to be this long?

This happens sometimes. It’s happened to me.

The guy says he’s sick, which no one can really confirm or deny, but should probably be given the benefit of the doubt. He may refund, he may not. Maybe he really needs it? All in all it’s a dumb situation and it sucks that these kinds of things happen, but I think it’s time to move forward. Get well soon, Chris!

1 Like

It’d be a whole lot easier to give him the benefit of the doubt if he’d communicate with his buyers…or if he’d follow through with what he says he’s going to do.
But he hasn’t…so it’s hard to give him the benefit of the doubt IMHO.

5 Likes

He’s lied repeatedly. I didn’t want to comment publicly, but Chris was here 2 days after @MoonageMin paid him. And he’s claiming he was too sick to communicate… but apparently not too sick to spend @MoonageMin’s money before shipping his yo-yo? Too sick to refund his money, but not too sick to spend it? Sorry, he’s lost the benefit of the doubt :frowning:

10 Likes

Threads like this benefit everyone. There is a repeated behavior pattern with this person that all should be aware of. It also serves as a warning for users regarding proper BST procedures.

So yes, it needs to be this long. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That’s understandable. And my first post was much more dismissive than it needed to be. What I guess I was trying to get at is that these things can be really hurtful when they happen. But at this point all that can really be done is to file a claim and move forward.

3 Likes

I disagree. I think what needs to be said has been said and that we don’t need to see this thread repopulating at the top of the forum feed any longer.

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree then.

Read the thread.

9 Likes

Yet another example of using F+F gone wrong. Why is the yoyo community so fixated on sticking it to PayPal and whining when things go wrong? Everyone just do yourself a favor and only use F+F with friends and family. When I go into a purchase I assume G+S since it is, and I have insurance to back my claim. I would never deal first time with a seller with F+F. It’s like the equivalent of meeting a stranger in an alley and giving him money to go home and bring back his goods. I don’t care how reputable he may be to anyone, but he is a stranger to me.

As far as Chrisdoc goes, I don’t think he is a scammer, but I do think that he is not a man of means, has health issues, and is not extremely punctual or reliable. I honestly don’t think he meant to scam, but he isn’t the type of person to do business with. I personally don’t sell yoyos because I know that I can’t be depended upon to get my rural self over to the post office or UPS to ship out. If you feel the same way about yourself, don’t sell stuff online. Especially don’t request F+F.

Live and learn from situations like this. I hope Chris makes good on the refund, but in legal terms you gave him cash with no strings attached. Situations like this should make you pro-F+F people reconsider.

6 Likes

“Sticking it to paypal”

Who here is trying to “stick it to paypal”?

And…“whining”?
Meh. It’s like you’re calling him out for being upset over things. Why shouldn’t he be frustrated? Seriously.
…and the word you used is pretty insulting IMHO. “whining” Like you’re calling him out as being childish or something.

1 Like

Well, you have successfully added another 6 posts to said thread.

Sorry, 7 posts.

EDIT - Posts, not replies.

1 Like

Correction, 3 posts.

Now 4 posts to correct your post.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:. …

6 Likes