Concerned about my purchase from @chrisdoc145

:heart: sure hope things work out in the end and you receive your yos!
Also Hope @Chrisdoc145 gets to feeling better soon.

4 Likes

Agreed. There is a crazy respiratory cold going around the northeast US. Very happy for all involved this seems resolved.

5 Likes

So you got a valid tracking number at the end of the story right?

3 Likes

Not yet, he sent me a message to let me know the local UPS shop was closed when he went, so it will be Monday when it ships.

I’m not too worried when it ships as long as it arrives in mint condition as described. :slight_smile:
so no rush :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi guys,

I am sorry and this is probably super frowned upon but I have asked @Chrisdoc145 if we can cancel the purchase as it isn’t posted yet.

I sent this to him, and I’ll update if he agrees.

4 Likes

my family had it it started like 6-7 months ago we are still coughing not contagious but still have coughs

4 Likes

He doesn’t have your money anymore. It’s gone. But please please please prove me wrong @chrisdoc145
I already made money off of you not fulfilling your deals. The same night you tried to hustle me I bet someone $20 bucks you wouldn’t have a single yoyo to any of the buyers by today, over a full week later. I was right, so I guess thanks are in order. Thank you for making me money by being exactly what I thought you were.

FYI… when someone tells you they are going to give you this lower priced ‘great’ deal if you send the money friends and family, right away, it should send up red flags. Then when they tell you they are not a scammer, go ahead and send it now, it should send up more red flags.

I’m amazed people think just another story with no resolution is actually resolving anything at all.

3 Likes

Actually he did message me last night saying that he is happy to call off the trade and issue me a refund so I have faith that he will fulfil his end. :slight_smile:

He says that he need to put money on his card to issue a refund? So he is going to get on it today morning. I’m not expecting to have problems. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Okay…

So with the risk of backlash from the forum about this being frowned upon, or being dishonourable etc, I asked for the trade to be called off and a refund issued yesterday.
I know it’s too late to say this as it has already gone a little out of control, but I didn’t want to make a big deal out of this, and it was never my intention initially.

However, this has kind of ruined the whole yoyo experience for me for these two EB & EB 66% so I wanted to stop this before it was too late and while there was still a chance as it is still yet to be posted. I just want this to be over and done with to be honest.

Yesterday afternoon, @Chrisdoc145 gracefully, accepted my request to cancel this trade and he has promised to issue a refund first thing this morning as he needs to put money on his card first to do so.
I have also sent him a gentle polite reminder this morning to make sure it happens.

However, the time is now almost 4pm in New Jersey, and first thing in the morning, or just morning in general, or most of the day to be honest has now come and gone and I haven’t heard back since yesterday afternoon again.

:cold_sweat:

7 Likes

Lmao this hasn’t been the first time that dude Chris has “disappeared” for weeks at time

5 Likes

You’re gonna be fine a short time from now, if not right now. Don’t let others ruin your innocence or fun. ‘The softest thing cannot be snapped’ - Bruce Lee

Unfortunately this is seeking behavior and I would imagine you are only one of several he got money from. Here in yoyo’s it’s a few hundred. In the knife, watch, gun world these totals quickly go into the thousands to 10’s of thousands. It’s the same behavior for $100 as it is $10,000. Same stories and no real action and excuses until they don’t work anymore. Then name calling, claiming their the victim, it’s all a broken record.
I’m not saying this to diminish your hurt or frustration but to bring up that cliche… these things happen, don’t let em get you down, but most of mostly importance, don’t let them ruin your trust in other people! This is the tragedy, the destruction of trust. Yet this destruction only happens if you let it in (like a vampire :rofl:). But you get to make a decision right now on how you will let it affect you.
It gets easier, as crappy as that sounds.

That, and red flags. Watch out for the red flags.

16 Likes

^^^ I like that post. Sound advice.

6 Likes

This is what saddens me the most about this whole situation.

The fact that a jerk is taking advantage and making a fool of such a nice, trusting, enthusiastic person.
@MoonageMin has gone well out of his way to be a good guy around here…then @Chrisdoc145 comes in and totally takes advantage of him and treats him like a complete chump.
How messed up is that
It’s like Chris is punishing Moon for being such an honest trusting man.
How much of a low life do you have to be? :frowning:

And it sucks because something like this can really deflate you. It leaves you feeling used and bitter and sad. Crushed. Like your innocence gets taken from you.
And dang that sucks. Moons has been so incredibly enthusiastic and inspirational.

Really upsets me that Chris has taken advantage of anyone in this community…but especially someone who’s been so damn good.
Damn you Chris :*(.

2 Likes

Maybe the issue is because it is Sunday? Still trying to give the benefit of the doubt. Personally, when I sell something, I try to communicate when I will ship (especially if I’m going on a business trip). Then send tracking number, picture of packed box. Finally receipt after dropping at Post Office. I would rather my buyers think I’m over the top with updates than wonder and then be surprised when the yoyo shows up.

5 Likes

Man…I want so badly for Chris to make good on this. It’d be such a relief for me if he pulled through in the end.
I’m still hoping…

But I have to be honest. I’m really losing hope in @Chrisdoc145 quickly.

4 Likes

I can’t even imagine the health issues he is having. I hope he makes his trades right and his health gets under control as well.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s partly why I wanted to just call off this trade and get a refund issued if possible.
Wanted to just step away from this and don’t let this ruin my enthusiasm for yoyos or this forum or trust in people etc.
Even if everything worked out in the end, I think the experience has been spoilt and I wouldn’t have enjoyed those yoyos as I would have done if it was drama free.
I might have made things worse for myself though as I now have no yoyos and no money and just radio silence :frowning:
It’s not that I’m not emphatic towards genuine illness and being sick. I really do.
Also I didn’t want to make this public, as this ruins my image too and my mood. But it seemed to be the only way to get a response.

Just feels bad man. I’m still hopeful that things gets resolved though. I still don’t think @Chrisdoc145 is a bad person or that this is a scam. But I don’t like being messed around with and strung along with continued broken promises either. :pleading_face:

8 Likes

Yeah I don’t think he’s a scammer either. From his communications, it sounds like his health issues are kicking his butt rn. We also don’t know if he’s able to drive/travel to his local bank to deposit the funds to issue the refund. That said…

I 100% feel you @MoonageMin; I’ve been in your position before. As I mentioned earlier, I had a deal similar to this that almost went south. I had bought a Recess Komodo from someone on the FB BST who took my money then ghosted. After a couple of weeks of no communication, I was about to reach out to the mods when he finally responded and explained his health issues. Not to go into too much detail but this person’s health issues had him in the hospital for a bit, and even in the best of times he wasn’t able to drive due to his condition so he was completely dependent on others for rides/errands. This went back and forth for I think a couple of months with him ghosting for a week or more at a time before reappearing. I did eventually get my Komodo and an extra one—I think he just bit the bullet and took an Uber—but it definitely stressed me out as it was just not a great situation to be in as the buyer. Luckily I paid G&S so I’d be covered if I never got the jos but I really didn’t want to do that to someone esp if they might need the $$ for medical expenses.

It’s a crap situation for both people. I feel for @Chrisdoc145 for the health issues he’s going through and @MoonageMin for being the unfortunate buyer on the receiving end of this; I totally get the stress.

6 Likes

@nonja121
:heart:

This was a very thoughtful reply.

5 Likes

Careful guys, if you’re too confrontational about his behavior, you might scare him back into his rabbit hole :cold_sweat:

5 Likes