Concerned about my purchase from @chrisdoc145

Wow, this thread kind of exploded, while I was working.
I see a lot of variety of mixed comments here, some supportive, some hatred towards me, either way, thank you for your feedbacks.
But still no response from the only person I wanted some communication from.

Does this thread really need to be this long?
Maybe, maybe not, it’s an online forum.
When @fatguysnacks247’s had an unfortunate experience picking up a counterfeit Sleipnir it helped me and others avoid picking up a fake Sleipnir, (I had a near-miss too recently, which I was able to dodge thanks to @fatguysnacks247’s posts and also to a lot of great members such as @Rosenberg of this forum who helped me determine if it was genuine or not).
I was hoping my expensive mistake can also help others avoid similar situations, and hoping it helps keep other people safe from similar situations (not just an attack specifically against @Chrisdoc145, but in general).

The beauty of online forums is if a thread doesn’t interest you, just move on?
Anyway, I am sorry that I have upset people by creating a thread that repopulates at the top of the forum. I won’t comment on here any more unless it’s to update people that things have now been resolved if it does.

It happens, he may or may not refund, maybe he really needs it, it’s a dumb situation but the guy says he’s sick. Move forward. Get well soon, Chris!
Thank you, great advice. I didn’t realise that I could just move on. But if he really needs the money, then yeah I guess that makes everything okay. Although to be blunt, I did take this as a backhanded insult and dismissive that you chose to end your comment in the way you did.

I have been sympathetic that he has been ill, I understand how cba you can be when you are not well. If anything until recently I have been the one defending @Chrisdoc145 when people attacked him or were calling him out. But when broken promises are repeated again and again with extended periods of radio silence, it is no longer a valid excuse. I think @yoyodoc put this better than I could, so copied below when the same excuse was used last time, and it was @codinghorror who made things right that time to my understanding and resolved it for those who were wronged out of his own private collection. I believe @Evan_the_yoyo_boy is still waiting for his to this day.

All I wanted was a quick message “hey man sorry, super ill, can’t get out the house. Will post next week”
“Sorry man, low on funds, can’t refund yesterday like promised, will process on xx day when I get paycheck” etc. I mentioned this before, I am not anxious to get things delivered asap, I don’t need refunds asap.
I just want to be free of this situation and not be taken for a ride. Right now I have no yoyos, no money & no communication. All I wanted now short of a resolution, was a little sympathy.

I haven’t been pro F+F and want to stick it to PayPal as such, I actually wanted to pay using G&S albeit I must admit that I didn’t insist this very hard and gave in quite easily.
When you send an international payment if I pay G&S I incurr no fees, but for F+F I end up paying like $5.
So naturally I would obviously prefer to pay G&S even if I have to send a few extra dollars that I would need to pay anyway to do F+F to cover the G&S fee myself.

Well, I guess one good thing to come out of this is that I won’t be using F+F again, and will stick to my guns and insist on using G&S harder next time and don’t proceed if F+F is the only option available.
And the only other good thing to come out of this is hopefully others can learn from my mistakes for free and we are all safer for it as a community.
Maybe G&S only should be a forum rule.
I might just stop using BST to be honest and only buy new or in person.

I know I am just whining, perhaps in a childish manner, it is frustrating though to be the sucker in a deal, which I am.
I have never bought things second hand or from a community like this before other than through eBay until I started yoyoing. So the whole BST scene is very new to me nor am I very familiar with PayPal in general, and I guess I was just too naive and didn’t heed warnings and did my part to keep myself safe. Does that mean I deserve this maybe not, but I do acknowledge that I am part of the problem and not free of all blame.

Anyway, sorry to have bothered and bored everyone with my woes, and for the long posts and threads.

I am out.
Going to take a break for a while and go back to lurking. Like I said above the only update/post I will make is if this matter gets resolved so that Chris can clear his name somewhat if he does.
I now regret that I went public with this in the first place in the hopes I can reach a resolution and that I have vented my frustration on a public forum to what are essentially strangers, as pointed out.

Thank you everyone for your support and advice, this was an expensive lesson.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Get well soon, Chris!

5 Likes