Concave sounds... metallic?

So the bearing that came with my Desperado isn’t the one mentioned in reviews and has 8 balls instead of 10. I did shields bearing mod to get some stubborn dirt out of it and it hasn’t been the same since. I seems as if there’s something in it cause when i spin it dry one of the balls catches on something causing a “Metallic” sound and way reduced spin time. This problem is fixed with lube, but is plenty louder. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
WildCat23

I would first try cleaning out the bearing and blowing it dry with compressed air. If that doesn’t work then you might need to get a new bearing.

I tried all that except for the new bearing. I also tried the paper method with no success. I think there may be something stuck on the inner race.

The shields mod shouldn’t be done on a ceramic bearing. It’s more than likely ruined.
That mod also shouldn’t be done unless you have a few bearings to practice on. Takes a few tries to get good at it.

I don’t think I said it’s ceramic, did I?

Whitch polish did you use for the sheilds mod? If you use a gritty polish it will ruin your bearing.

It’s equivalent to 10,000, I think that pretty fine.