Uh did i just mess this bearing up for good?

Got a little gung ho about deshielding…i may have debearinged it?

The balls are still in there and spin around but i feel like the guide is an important part of the bearing lol

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go so far as to say you messed it up for good.

But I would go so far as to say you messed it up forever…

10 Likes

Lol! At least it wasnt a center trac bearing haha

Bearings without cages do exist, e.g. “autonomous decentralized bearings”: Home | COOSPACE Co.,Ltd.. They don’t start as bearings with cages though.

Yoyos being kind of an oddball application, I wonder how your bearing would hold up/perform.

2 Likes

Lol ill throw it on my replay pro and see what happens

1 Like

It a big ole pain in the butt but you can fix it. Just get some tweezers and move all the balls back in position then put the cage back in. It’s no fun though and may not be worth the time.

1 Like

Lol! Yeah i can move them with my sewing needles but was too tired to focus on placing perfectly. Most likely will trash it…we shall see haha

Yeah bearings are consumables in the end they eventually wear out and get replaced. If it was me I would probably keep it to mess with while sitting on a zoom call without my camera on but it might not be worth the time and frustration whee we n they aren’t that expensive. Now if that was a pixel or DS bearing different story I would be doing acts of god to save it lol.

1 Like

Hahaha yeah i mean the 8 other bearings should work well enough for me. Prob not worth the hassle haha.

For real tho sewing needles made the de shielding so easy

4 Likes

Well its official…my balls dropped.

The minute i tried putting the broken bearing on axle i just hear “tink tink tink”

Couldnt find the three that fell lol

1 Like

Now it’s broken broken my friend.

I mean technically you can buy more balls for your bearings… build a bearing needs to exist.

1 Like

I accidentally stabbed a pin threw the shield of a bearing recently trying to deshield. I got lucky and didn’t ruin the bearing somehow thankfully. Deshielding is the worst sometimes.

2 Likes

Did the races shift when the bearing was pressed onto the post, or was the whole assembly already really loose?

Lol omg best pun ever for build a bear

Thankfully after the 3 hrs of practice last night i think ill be able to do it whenever i need now! It was so frustrating at first lol

1 Like

Well i was confused because one side looked different than the other…didnt notice it was like that on all of them haha

Did you try putting it in rice yet?