Been a few years since I touched a yo yo, college and forgetting them at your house don’t play well together doh! Well I finally got them back in my hot little hands and realize I need to do something different. My collection consisted of Yomega X-Brain, Fireball, Saber Raider, RevRim, and RBII, Duncan Imperials and Butterflys (my firsts ;D), and of course the novelty kind all over the place.
First off my Imperials and Butterflys apparently have rusted the axles a tad (they were left on the Northern California coast, not actually, you know, just where my parents lived) and have cut through my strings. So same applies to all the others and will need new bearings and such. And I was just going to fall back on Yomega like I always have, until I came across the fiasco a few years ago, so I might not do it.
So this has left me in a pickle, picking a different brand! I haven’t done that since I was 13! I came across Custom Yo, both the Reactor and Chain Reactor, and an aluminum yo yo kinda intrigues me. But man there’s so many more options now that I have actually looked around, so there’s many more I’m sure I haven’t even had the chance to look at.
So can anyone give a few of their favorites (hmm maybe up to $50, total - I am tempted to get a modified and/or a wing shape, though I land string tricks fine on modifieds, so 1 nice one would work too) Or yay or nay on the Reactors. And material doesn’t actually matter. Oh and could someone comment on the size of those yo yos? I did find they’re 2 inch in diameter, and apparently all my Yomegas are 2.5’’ so will it be drastically different? And I am far from an expert, its just a hobby and I can’t do anything insanely fancy, but there’s always room for improvement
- What size do you prefer? medium?
- What shape do you prefer? Be specific: Round Butterfly, or H-shape.
- What response do you prefer? Open to options (“can” bind [read: been too long] but some reason having it come back on a tug makes more sense)
- Do you like to mod/maintain it? I’ll mod anything I own…
- Does color matter? Solids or interesting patterns, most colors ok.
- How does your style relate to the yo-yo? Intermediate, mostly string based
- What is your price range? ~$50
- What is your skill level? n00b
- What weight is ideal? Never used a heavy, so medium/light probably