Collection for Sale

No time to post on ebay right now. EMAIL ME ( whistler42@swcp.com ) if there is anything you are looking for … before 2008. A lot of my stuff is posted at yoyomuseum.com

Tom Kuhn … Purgatory, Batik No Jive 3, Batik, Bayfield, Nordik, Bifrost, Pine River, Aspen, Neiman, Quatle and more

Yoyofactory … Have some 401k’s handy

Playmaxx … Lexan Killer Bee, Albino Bee, X-Rays and more

Duncan … tons of Freehand Zeros, Freehands

Lots of other brands, but again, I haven’t collected much since 2008 and never cared for unresponsive metals. So didn’t buy that stuff.

David Hall

4 Likes

Hey David, please follow the buy/sell/trade rules and guidelines regarding posting names, descriptions, photos, and shipping information.

I understand you have a large collection, but it should not be up to the buyer to do the leg work, especially if you’re going to be charging the premiums that you do.

If you’re not wanting to follow the rules, then maybe the auction site would be the best place to proceed.

12 Likes

I charge collector prices because all my stuff is brand new, never even out of the box. Not beat. Dare I ask how I am breaking any rules? I’m happy not to post here if that’s what you prefer.

David Hall
Curator, Museum of Yo-Yo History

3 Likes

Hey David, please follow the buy/sell/trade rules and guidelines regarding posting names, descriptions, photos, and shipping information.

He mentions it in the first sentence :stuck_out_tongue: but also they can be found here if you need more info: Buy / Sell / Trade Category - Official Rules

4 Likes

He linked a searchable, sortable database of his 1k+ yoyo collection complete with pictures. I don’t see how it’s beneficial to anyone to have all that reposted in forum posts.

2 Likes

When I contacted him in the past regarding pieces on the website, he wasn’t sure if he actually had them and had to go searching among what I’m guessing are hundreds of boxes.

How is making an organized list of the things you know you have with pictures and descriptions a bad thing? It wouldn’t be part of the rules if it wasn’t beneficial. If somebody is really looking to sell a large collection, they need to put in some work and make it presentable to the buyers.

Also, when a buyer has to actively seek something out (as opposed to having a list of items with set prices) it leaves them at the mercy of the seller to essentially ask whatever price they want.

8 Likes

So you’re the guy.
I get paid Tuesday.

4 Likes

Since you know it all, please don’t respond to my posts again. I’ll just take the next 5 years off work and put together that database with pictures for you, before I bother posting here again. A couple hundred items … easy. 15000 items in 300 boxes that fill a bedroom of my house, not so easy. You have not the slightest comprehension of magnitude of this collection.

The Museum of Yo-Yo History contains my inventory, and after 20 years, I’ve only been able to post 8% of my collection.

I’ve often told people that I have something, but can’t find it in the hundreds of boxes. I don’t tell them I have something when I do not.

I’m done here. And done posting more at the Museum for people like you.

DH

1 Like

Dave, I am honestly not trying to create controversy, and I apologize if anything I said was offensive.

Let me address the two areas that I probably could have worded things better:

1. Price - I recognize that you and others have the autonomy to name whatever price you like. What I originally meant is that if a customer is going to be paying a premium, which you are fully within your means to ask, then there should be an easier, more streamlined means if purchasing so that the buyer isn’t the one going the extra mile.

2. Stock - If there were an updated list of items, or perhaps some form of an online store-front, this would save the buyer some time of researching the website, sending an email, and waiting to see if the item is in your possession or not.

I am not currently looking to expand my collection, so whether you stick around to sell your items won’t really effect me. But I don’t think the answer is to pack up and go home. There are a lot of people who would love to invest in some of your items, but if it’s going to be done on this forum, then the rules should be followed, whether a collection is 15 or 15,000.

Edit: I bet if you made a post looking for some local forum members to help you get your collection all catalogued and listed, they would probably jump at the chance for some yoyos or a small fee. Just an idea.

11 Likes

Pff Dave be trippin

7 Likes

Just to provide some context to newer members of the yoyo community, Dave ran a store for nearly two decades and is an absolute wealth of knowledge and the owner of one of the most expansive yoyo collections on earth ranging from the original Flores up to 2008 models.

This BST post is not like most others in that there are no cheap, recent run of the mill yoyos to be purchased. This isn’t a sale post. This is a “if there is a grail level yoyo you’ve been looking for let me know and I may be able to help.” I’ve been in email contact with Dave on and off for years and I’ve never gotten the indication that he’s looking to push yoyos out the door (trust me, he could). He’s here letting the community know his inbox is open if there’s something in particular you’re looking for.

There’s no “make me an offer” here, this is purely letting the world know they should ask if there is something in particular they’re looking for.

Hope you’re doing well Dave :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree with @mrciurleo here. This is absolutely NOT a typical BST post - it’s a rare exception and should be treated as such. In certain situations like this, rules that would normally apply should be waived considering the circumstances - and it should just be understood that there is only so much that can be done with a collection of this size.

5 Likes

Like I said I get paid Tuesday.
I tell you other people’s kids.
Crap, Dave’s skill toys. I spent money there back in the day as you kids say.
God Bless you Dave!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.