CNC Spinworthy?

Turning Point could produce a yoyo from compressed turd and it would be popular. My name doesn’t have enough strength to carry rhis one.

3 Likes

Although spin time is not something particularly sought after in the same way it used to be, it something I value for long tricks with a lot of string wraps. It just helps it keep trucking through everything. This yoyo will have big spin time.

5 Likes

I have no idea whether:

a) this would work at all
b) whether this has been proven to not work
c) this would meet the goal of a given designer
d) this would be worth what I assume would be considerable effort

but. . .

I think it would be cool to see a project that works something like this:

A group-funded prototype run for anyone who is willing to pay a premium to be able to play an interesting but niche design. Contributors at this stage would also fund additional units that would be circulated PIF style to gauge wider interest for a production run. Perhaps there is a second funding tier that would just reserve a spot on the PIF list.

4 Likes

If I could secure 3 people willing to buy a prototype at $90, then I would order some.

5 Likes

Count me in.

4 Likes

I am in.

Now we just need 1 more to make Mr. Glens concept a reality.

5 Likes

Ill take that 3rd proto! I love heavy yoyos!

4 Likes

OK! I’ll get a quote for them! Thanks, people!

4 Likes

You will all be deflated about how plain this yoyo is when you see it. Lol

2 Likes

There are 13 raw or clear anodized yo-yos on my desk right now.

2 Likes

Oh I mean plain as in how mundane the design is. I’m confident its an optimal performer though.

1 Like

Got it. Anyway, I’m sold on an unapologetically “heavy” design.

4 Likes

You may not have as much brand recognition as the larger yoyo companies, but I think you might be underestimating the number of people who regard you as a designer and craftsman of the highest quality.

17 Likes

Thanks, Ray! Means a lot.

8 Likes

One would be me.

4 Likes

This is the truth. Glen, we know you and we know that your stuff is always top notch.

5 Likes

I have put in an order for prototypes.

Rock feeling goodness incoming witnin the next couple of months.

10 Likes

They are here. The Spinworthy Slapnir.

Specs:

7068 AL
Diameter: 56mm
Width: 44.4
Gap: 4.5
Weight 70g.

I wanted a minimalistic performer that was real dependable workhorse of a yoyo. At 70g, its no slouch. Spins strong.

It has a 12mm axle for thread longevity and maneuverability.

39 Likes

Nice slapping design. Looks cool love the cup.

3 Likes

That looks great!

2 Likes