CNC Spinworthy?

@yoyo_cubicle , What are your top 3 yoyos that you own?

1 Like

Wow, that’s a very tough question. I’ll have to give it some thought.

2 Likes

Well what yoyos do you find the Steadfast comparable to?

While I do have a Steadfast, unfortunately I am not at a level with unresponsives to be able to supply any useful feedback.

I may feel a little guilty for getting it, and not allowing others too get it. But I am not sorry.

It is my carrot on a stick if you will to progress in 1A.

Have fun.

4 Likes

I tried it! This was the heaviest yoyo ive thrown.

It spins for a long time and I could eek out probably an extra trick in one throw compared to others.
It usually plays like a regular throw and you dont notice the weight too too much but I never quite got comfortable with it in the week I had it.
Its harder to pinch the string between fingers and also tricks that require tossing it up in the air were harder to land.

Its a solid throw and if someone wants a stable and longer spinning throw maybe for learning tricks its a good choice.

Side note: the finish on the yoyo was great and I wish all companies put more thought into that.

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this a bit and I think it might be a stellar 5a yoyo.

1 Like

I don’t have a close comparison in my collection. The first yoyo that came to mind is the MK1 Diffraction, but it’s not a very close match . The Steadfast had a unique feel in play that greatly appealed to me. I’ll be looking for that production run.

4 Likes

This little traveler made it to me today. First impressions are very nice. It kind of feels like a Free Solo with beefier rims. I’ll try to snag some video this week.

14 Likes

Here’s a quick vid of me playing the Steadfast.

Apologies for the sloppy 1A; I’m really focused on other styles of play ATM :blush:

14 Likes

They’ve been turned. Just waiting for surface finishing and anodization.

12 Likes

I actually cannot wait. The hype of seeing people play this throw has me ITCHING to get my hands on one haha

4 Likes

There are some Steadfasts on theirr way to YYE.

@yoyo_cubicle, would you mind giving an idea of your experinces of the final version vs the proto?

9 Likes

I think the final version is very much in the spirit of the proto, and it still has the feel in play I described above. I love the size of this yoyo, and it feels perfect in my hand. The performance is outstanding and it seems to be packing slightly more power than I remember, and it was already great in the proto. I was actually surprised a couple of times by how quickly it came back up the string after a long enough combo to tame most yoyos. The finish also feels amazing on this version. I predict these will sell fast. Great design @Glenacius_K !

13 Likes

I really hope so. I think it could go either way. They may sell out fast or they could sit. I hope people like them!

4 Likes

Please be careful with descriptions like this. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It took me a few seconds to see it, lol. Fixed.

3 Likes

I truly thought well that’s not a very good start! Lol

And I’d like to add that there aren’t many yo-yos these days that make me think “that looks like a really good playing yoyo”. This one does. Nice clean shape and finish.

3 Likes

The Steadfasts have landed at YYE. They should be up on the store pretty soon.

13 Likes

Yay that’s exciting. Can’t wait for that drop to happen. Need to get hands on a steadfast.

2 Likes

just read all the thread, yye forums were made for stories like this :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes