CLYWs With Pyramatte Finish?

I’ve recently gotten the chance to throw a Quail around which I know was done by One Drop and has their pyramatte finish. It feels shockingly close to my 2015 Chief which has that kind of glossy feeling and shine to it. I love how it feels because while I prefer how glossy finishes look, this finish isn’t sticky like a normal glossy yoyo. So it doesn’t just kill the spin when it bumps into my body, and it can still grind competently.

I was curious if this Chief actually does have a pyramatte finish from OD? And what other CLYWs have this finish?

This Chief feels nothing like any other CLYW I own, all of my other CLYWs (2013-2014 era stuff) have a softer matte blast. I’d like more things like this Chief, but I don’t know what to look for or if this even is pyramatte.

6 Likes

A lot of clyw throws were made by one drop so it would make sense they probably have the same finish.

5 Likes

I just assumed that yoyos OD produced for other companies would have more of a blast, and that pyramatte was mostly reserved for OD branded yoyos.

It’s really nice though. I’d love to replace some of my Canada made models with OD made models if they come with this finish.

1 Like