Clyws very first bi-metal: the blizzard

Clyw released a photo of Andrew maiders new siggy. The blizzard. Discuss… GO!
http://i.imgur.com/FQNIAnR.jpg

Looks sick.
Too bad none in maiderade :frowning:

I like that they kept the avalanche hub, it’s nice to see a familiar element from a previous clyw in the new throw(not that new features are a bad thing). The catch zone looks like the puffin2 with a more noticeable step towards the response. Cool…

1 Like

Not sure how I feel about this. It’s exciting to see but at the same time it’s turning me off. Something about it just doesn’t yell CLYW! Most of me is yelling “buy this,” while a small part of me is saying “meh.” Maybe it’s just weird to see clyw with a bi-metal. Glad they are stepping into new light and praying this is as good as I hope it will be.

Personally I think it looks like flimsy junk. Only a fool would waste money on that ‘thing’.

But that being said… Since I am a ‘Yoyodoctor’, I would like to purchase 12 of them for various performance and durability experiments.

Only after several weeks of intensive rigorous testing, will I be able definitively identify if this New CLYW is really worth the effort.

I am completely positive that of the 12 only 11 will survive my tests in perfect condition.

What a horrible looking design. I need a Dramamine. Just looking at it is giving me motion sickness.

It’s a sad day that Chris has Totally run out of fresh recipes and has to resort to this sorta Slug.

I may just have to do the right thing and Buy the Whole first 3 batches. Uh, to save you guys from yourselves.

6 Likes

well once you are done with the tests, i will take 1 of the 11 that didn’t survive your test and retest it to make sure you did your test correctly

^^^
Ditto.

I’m curious what price point these will be. I know there was discussion of CLYW doing stuff overeas (Let’s not debate over that please) so I’m guessing that price will most likely be your typical CLYW throw cost or at least being under $200. Guessing they’ll do this one overseas to help keep costs under control.

I like it but at the same time it take some getting used to from a visual point of view.

In the end there’s lots of amazing yoyos coming at me all at once. I need to decide quickly what I really want and go from there. Feeling like yoyos are like Pokemon…gotta catch them all!

1 Like

I feel a little underwhelmed. It doesnt seem to have that special something. I do not like the look of how the 2 metals meet on the outer rim. I LOVE Caribou Lodge, but I dont see myself getting on this one.
I just bought an Orca, and I am very excited about its arrival.

I knew a CLYW Bi-metal was en route, and was very excited, but now after seeing it, I will be sure to leave them all for those that like this flavor.

I am the biggest sucker for bimetals.

im also a sucker for snow tires.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDY2WDUwMA==/$(KGrHqZ,!qQFC,oSE1fTBQ0QvoU1+!~~60_35.JPG

looks at wallet

Can i pay in teardrops?

Frankly, I just don’t understand CLYW bimetal.

It seems sorta wrong to me.

Many successful designs in any medium are often based on results garnered from past experience.

CLYW has never practiced making failures. Chris has from the start, moved forward from learned points of reference.

Learn by doing. That is just what CLYW has done.

When you see the image of the Bi-metal Blizzard; some people think it was just knocked out of a cookie cutter and here it is.

When you view the image of the Blizzard; what you are actually seeing is the result of all the testing and Proto-typing that had already been done before the image was taken.

Christ isn’t a guy with a dream… He is a guy with a vision. If you ever see his occasional tutorials, you can easily see that he just doesn’t make yoyos. He plays them very well. He knows a ‘Good’ yoyo.

…To look at a upcoming yoyo and dismiss its potential just from a shallow view generated from a picture is very unsubstantiated. You cannot logically support a performance rating of a yoyo simply from viewing it.

Personally I would bet that the yoyo will play very well. And that opinion is not based at all on looking at a bi-metal image. It is based on CLYW ‘batting average’. Chris hits most of em into at least deep center field. And most of those who catch em don’t wanna give em back for a reason. This one might just go over the fence. Lol…

There is an old saying “The proof of the pudding is in the tasting”. < you just have to try it to know if you are going to like it.

7 Likes

Thank you for taking one for the team

Whoa. A lot of mixed opinions here. I agree that something about it seems kinda off, but that isn’t going to stop me from getting one eventually. Chris has always made clyws special. Not one is generic(to me at least). I’m fully confident that this will be an amazing bi metal as well as another clyw that stands out.

I also am wondering how much these will cost even being sourced out of china. Since they are being made from china, making production much larger and scaring some clyw fans away, at least there will be plenty to go around.

I have mixed opinions on bimetals in general. With my preference of center weight, extreme rim weight feels ‘off’ at best. I will not be buying the blizzard.

On the ‘this isn’t CLYW’ note: I feel like CLYW has been less CLYW-y for awhile now. It doesn’t really feel like the same company anymore. Maybe I had the wrong image in my mind from the start, but it seems like they went from an incredibly talented company with players who had some crazy antics; to an incredibly talented company with an amazing, but serious team of players. Not that th as a bad thing, it’s just different. It just seems like since they’ve discontinued a ton of yoyos, Chuck and jensen left, zach won worlds, etc. That they’ve been different.

lmao I hope your joking. ?? It looks awesome

what if they made one with the ring in the cup as opposed to the outer rim? Which I’m sure they will.

I just think that it is a new, unique design. Chris has always made @#%^$ing amazing stuff so try it before you say it sucks :smiley:
Thats my two bits at least

Embrace the change.

This looks fantastic.

1 Like
                                         The Joke > > >

Your head  --->           ???