CLYW Yeti 2! (TOPICS MERGED)

Slamming Salmon. I got that as well. When I was on there earlier I only saw color, clear green. Is everything out now except for Salmon?

It’s big. That’s all :stuck_out_tongue:

DANG!! They are SOLD OUT except for the blue one. I am really happy I got the Salmon! Well people let’s ihope it lives up to the hype. Maybe I will leave mine in the box for later value. LOL

is that a bad thing?

is that a bad thing?

“Yeti 2.0 is a bit bigger and heavier than the Big Dipper. But with the size you don’t notice the weight. Think there might be a bit more stability and spin time with the Yeti 2.0 too. Big Dipper is quicker though and more nimble. - Chris”

From what I know, the Yeti had some issues with the bearing seat that shreds the string pretty quick, and vibey problems. I might be wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think that it didn’t “live up to the expectations.” It just had some issues. The material that it was made out of was awesome, and troublesome at the same time. It would/could fray your strings if it wasn’t smoothed out in the catch zone. It used bearing seats, and if you weren’t careful you could crack the bearing seats while taking it apart and putting it together.

Plus as far as assembly went, I’ve heard that they were a pain. Matching the halves to cut down on vibe, the original runs they were smoothing the catch zone, then the care to not crack bearing seats. So they took a long time to get a run ready to sell. I think there were only 3 releases. The original Black, the second with the 4 different colors, and then the last one where they just put them together and sold them.

I’ve owned 4 of them, still have 3 (wish I had the black one still), I think they’re amazing. I’ve never had any issues with mine other than one of mine has really tight spacers (the bearing wont come off of them). It’s one of the all time great plastic yoyo’s, extremely unique. When you get a good one it’s amazing!

I know that I’m in the minority, but I didn’t like the Big Dipper. I didn’t like the feel, the play or the shape. Which is odd because I love my Borealis. I’m really looking forward to the Yeti 2 though!

There’s going to be a ton at retailers once the general release happens.

2 Likes

I was hoping they would be harder to get. That is why I pre-ordered it. Based on their site it seems like they wanted to make seem it would be harder to get being the pre-order shows all colors are sold out. The last run, from what I have heard, is worth more. Oh well, lesson learned. I should have waited until it was released in mass numbers. Either way, I’m sure it will a great throw.

Why were you hoping they would be hard to get ???

There was nothing on their site that indicated they’d be limited, or hard to get. The preorder just said that you’d get it before it was available at stores.

The last run was a completely different yoyo. So I’m not completely sure what “lesson” was learned. Were you just hoping to make some money off of a limited release?

“Sarcasm” noted. I wanted the throw that was limited from them. Not for profit either. I keep all I buy. No they did not say they were limited but, by saying they were “sold out” on their site implies to the normal person to think they were limited by saying they were “sold out”. If they had many for retailers why have any “sold out”. Most companies take as many pre-orders as possible. IMO.

Peace

So, when the pre-orders are all sold out, are the retail Yeti 2.0s going to be offered in the same colors, or will there be new colors offered in the retail store runs?

It would be neat to see the colors change with each drop. But, I presume it might be more expensive to do it that way. :-\

All good questions. I don’t think the price point should change, if it does, just because of colors. If not then let’s get one of each color runs. Woo hoo. I pre-ordered a Salmon colored one. It looks awesome. I am old so the brighter the color the better ;D

If we’re just thinking literally here, sold out just meant that all the Yeti 2.0s that they put up for pre-order were gone. Whatever number they sold, whether small or large, isn’t really implied by “sold out”. I’m pretty sure Chris and Steve could sell 500 yo-yos as swiftly as they could sell 10.

Sold out implies SOLD OUT not sold out for now. It doesn’t say we will be making more of the same product soon. If it were stated that way then it makes a difference to customers. Also, if, which they can, they could sell hundreds and hundreds via pre-order they would. That keeps their inventory and production costs down. I am not bashing them at all. Just having a conversation with people here.

Peace

I didn’t say you were bashing them. Hol up and get those words out of my mouth. (Because I didn’t put them there :D)

Sold out means whatever was available is now gone. It’s a super simple concept friend. When you pre-sale an item, that doesn’t mean you won’t make that item available in the future. In fact, a presale is a great indicator of products that will soon be readily available at a later date. When you sell out of that pre-sale stock, it is indeed sold out at that time.

Now please understand, this isn’t any reason to get defensive. No need to “peace” me in your next reply. I’m not trying to get on you, you see. I’m just trying to simply explain that you can indeed sell out of presale items regardless of quantity. And that “sold out” implies nothing about said quantity directly.

From what I know the colors should be the same.

Just to start peace is a word I use instead to close out and not meant as an insult. No offense intended. So peace LOL As I keep mentioning, showing Sold Out implies Sold out not sold out for now. Why not take pre-orders/orders to know how many pieces to make? Having the knowledge, as a company, to the piece count allows the company to know what to make. Also pre-orders are pre-paid. That also gives the company the money, to buy inventory without having to put out so much money up front. I do realize there are research and development costs that need to be covered as well. I like CYWL products. I, as daft as I am, think letting a potential customer know the sold out is for pre-order then the product will be mass produced at a later date is great information. Maybe pre-orders could have special colors as they do get paid prior to shipping. In closing, this is my opinion only.

Cheers ;D

The blog post on their site seemed pretty clear to me ¯_(ツ)_/¯

“The new Yeti will hit stores in late July, but we’re offering a limited pre-order for our fans! All pre-orders will ship in early/mid-July, so you’ll get your Yeti 2.0 before it hits stores. This special pre-order is only available here at CLYW.ca.”

I fully agree with you good sir. Don’t get me started on the “sold out” statement. LOL Sold out doesn’t meant hey we are sold out until we make more.